Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, lately I've been searching for some HID kits. There is so many out there that it's pretty hard to choose from. People will trust a company if another, or few, person has them on their ride. So this is why I want to start this thread.

Please post

Brand:
Temperature:
Cost:
Link:
Pictures:
Comments: (If you wish)

Please don't start ranting off topic. It would be great for members to see this thread and see the HID kits other members have. And if they would like more information they can PM each other. This would be best for everyone because there would a thread based on HID and HID ONLY.

Also if this becomes a hot topic (if its not already) could the admins Sticky this thread?

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Brand: DDM Tuning Apexcone Bi-Xenon (High/Low) 9003/H4 55W
Temperature: 5000K (Super white with 55W - no hint of purple or blue)
Cost: $180CDN (with tax, shipping and duty) or $90 USD (no shipping?)
Link: https://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?pcsid=33jvlbdan8j080igabjb1gi602&p=catalog&parent=60&pg=1
Pictures:
Comments: Comes with shield to prevent glare. Lifetime warranty. Both high beam and low beam functions. Working on tapping the high beam wire from stock harness to front corner parking lights to operate DRL when HID system is off. I really like the HID look and performance and will find it hard to ever go back to halogens.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great HID set for $80 US shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H4-9003-Bi-Xenon-Hi-Lo-HID-Conversion-Kit-6000K-8000K_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem230389f82fQQitemZ150383228975QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

In case the link breaks, search on E-Bay for H4 9003 Bi-Xenon Hi/Lo HID. The store I have been using is mototekc (but cannot search!). The manufacturer is German and works great! Easy to install, easy to disable, and only requires the dust cap to be trimmed to fit the wider base. Over a year now.
At this price, buy two!
PS 35Watt, H4 9003 Hi/Lo must be specified in Paypal info.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
New Dad New Van said:
Link: https://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?pcsid=33jvlbdan8j080igabjb1gi602&p=catalog&parent=60&pg=1
Pictures:
Comments: Comes with shield to prevent glare. Lifetime warranty. Both high beam and low beam functions. Working on tapping the high beam wire from stock harness to front corner parking lights to operate DRL when HID system is off. I really like the HID look and performance and will find it hard to ever go back to halogens.
I just installed these exact DDM HIDs exc went with 8000K . They are spectacular, wife loves them! Relatively easy to install, had to remove the battery and some ducting to get to driver side headlight. Because of the Hi/Lo beam requirements, they were $120 USD with UPS Ground shipping.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
31 Posts
gni2002 said:
Those HID looks great...Has anyone ever heard of a company named "Top HID Kits" ?

They are selling these things for $57.00 too good of deal? Everyone's input please.. thanks

Here's the link:
http://www.tophidkits.com/6000khidkits.html
Really hard to tell, but the ballasts are bulkier than the DDM unit and the connectors don't look quite as watertight to me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
vangrrls said:
Really hard to tell, but the ballasts are bulkier than the DDM unit and the connectors don't look quite as watertight to me.
Yeah!! I was looking at it closely and I agree, it's a bit bulkier..but for $57.00 I can definetely look for a spot for the bulky ballast and make the wires watertight.. thanks for the reply...:)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Some kits come/need connection to the battery whereas other operate directly from the OEM bulb connector harness. I would presume if the ballast start-up current is under 5A, there should be no need to have direct connect to battery.

Are there kits which connect in to OEM harness for both power and switching?

Thanks,
- Vikas

·
Registered
317 Posts
Brand: xenonrider.com
Temperature: 6000K bi-xenon kit
Cost: $199
Link:http://www.xenonrider.com/products/h4_bixenon_hid_kits.shtml with Philips bulbs
Pictures: Will post soon, sorry.
Comments: I got these for my '00 Odyssey in 2004 then put them into storage in 2007 when I traded it in and leased an '07 Odyssey. Now am using the exact same original kit from storage in my '99 Odyssey I got this year. No bulbs ever burnt out, no flickering or color distortion, absolutely no bad comments.

·
Registered
31 Posts
sontakke said:
Some kits come/need connection to the battery whereas other operate directly from the OEM bulb connector harness. I would presume if the ballast start-up current is under 5A, there should be no need to have direct connect to battery.

Are there kits which connect in to OEM harness for both power and switching?

Thanks,
- Vikas
I think the hi/lo beam HIDs dictate an extra unit in addition to the ballast for the bulbs, and the extra unit requires the battery hook-ups. If you have separate hi and lo beams, you only need the ballasts.

The connection to the battery was actually quite easy as the Ody battery has a connector for the (+) side and you can stack the (-) connection to the GND on the frame right in front of the battery.

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hey guys nice job :D

I was wondering if any of you guys could taek a picture

from the front of your ody and the cutoff and stuff

to see how bad the glares are. I have a 07 cr-v

and it uses a h4 hi/low kit and i was just afraid to throw

a kit in it since the reflector is hi/low for glares.

I was thinking about gettin a h4 bixenon kit(telescopic bulbs)

since the bulb had shields on it, but people on the cr-v forum

was trying to KILL me for it saying i'm trying to kill somebody..

Thanx!!!!!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
From all the research that I have done, if you don't have projectors, do NOT even think about putting in HID. I have 3 cars with H4 and I was so tempted to go for HID as the price has become extremely cheap on cheaper sets.

But I have decided to stick with quality H4 bulbs rather than going for HID.

The prices have come down so low that you might be willing to gamble on HID but the chances are if you are honest with yourself, you will realize how bad the scattered beam will affect the incoming traffic.

- Vikas

·
Registered
10 Posts
New Dad New Van said:
Pictures:
How difficult was the entire installation, I want to do this, OEM lights are pretty bad after 5 years.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Do you know that this brand is now being sold for $30? (That is for single filament; for bi-xenon such as H4, the price is little higher)

That is some crazy low price!!

- Vikas

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
I don't believe the $30 HID kit is the one I have.

I have the APEXCONE 55W which sells now for $49.95 + $10 for the 55W upgrade and $20 for the high/low of the H4 bulb.

The installation is generally "plug and play" but you should be familiar with at least replacing the bulbs on the Odyssey. There is a ground wire and a battery wire to hook up too. Securing the wires/harness takes some time also. You will lose your DRL.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the info.
Is there any way to get DRLs back? I'm just worried about selling and someone having to safety the vehicle. Or even getting pulled over, since in Canada, you get pulled over pretty much for anything.
P

New Dad New Van said:
I don't believe the $30 HID kit is the one I have.

I have the APEXCONE 55W which sells now for $49.95 + $10 for the 55W upgrade and $20 for the high/low of the H4 bulb.

The installation is generally "plug and play" but you should be familiar with at least replacing the bulbs on the Odyssey. There is a ground wire and a battery wire to hook up too. Securing the wires/harness takes some time also. You will lose your DRL.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Three years ago I installed a set of HID's in our plane (H7 bulbs and slim ballasts). Great light...only lasted 8 months. Lifetime warranty. The company/website no longer existed just a few months after my purchase. Unfortunately I "way" overpaid for those lights. ...threw that money away! :mad:

I ended up purchasing an Apexcone system from http://www.sharphid.com/ I just checked and almost 2.5 years later...they're still in business. Great warranties are not worth doodle if the company is out of business.

HID’s are great. Excellent light capabilities, less amperage draw, etc. I may consider an upgrade to the 02 Ody! Just my 2 cents…

Travis
:)

1 - 20 of 123 Posts