Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my EXL-RES into the dealer to have them look at the stuck pixels on my screen and they contacted Honda who said that up to 9 stuck pixels is acceptable. The dealer and I obviously disagreed with that assessment, but it's going to be a battle trying to get a new screen. It's not really a big deal to me since it's going to be my kids watching Elmo videos, but it's still a pretty lousy response on Honda's part. I'll keep fighting the good fight until it gets boring.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by raleighody:
...I'll keep fighting the good fight until it gets boring.</font>
Good job, hang in there! You'll be doing us all a favor.

9 bad pixels is a lot. It makes one wonder about Honda's tolerance of other failed components such as bad valves, hose leaks, bad bearings..."One missing window out of eight is
within tolerance?"

Regards,

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EXL
'85 Prelude
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green Grass stains and '01 White Laces w/ Frayed Tips

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't get this one. It's acceptable if there are **NINE** stuck pixels regardless of the location? What if they're all smack dab in the center of the screen??

I consider this policy pretty much of an outrage since 9 stuck pixels on a 7" screen is a lot of stuck pixels. My understanding is that most manufacturers will not accept more than around 5 stuck pixels on a 12" screen and 5 would not be acceptable if they were concentrated in the center of the screen or in one particular location.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My response to "nine pixels" was almost verbatim to Homer's response. Unfortunately I didn't get to speak directly to the Honda rep. so I couldn't get any more clarification on their policy. The dealer rep. was also completely agreeing with everything I was saying, so I found myself in a "preaching to the choir" situation. Anyhow, the dealer seemed like they were willing to go to bat for me, so I'll check back with them in a couple of weeks and see if they've made any progress. I haven't gotten out a magnifying glass to check out the pixels, but I appear to have two red stuck pixels right next to each other roughly centered in the upper left corner of the screen if you were to divide the screen into four equal pieces.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have had good success getting automotive satisfaction from several car makers. I generally don't waste my time at the dealer level - I would call Honda directly.

This way I know that my position, frustration, concern is being properly communicated. The dealer is secondary as he really has no authority - all he can do is make a recommendation to Honda - and even then he could be the guy to screw it up.

If you don't get the answer you want from the Customer Service Rep - ESCALATE - ask for the manager, then the Director.

Make them understand what is on the line: ie: "I am 35 and I buy 2 new vehicles every 5 years - the service I receive today will dictate how many of those next 14 cars will be Hondas."

[This message has been edited by PD55 (edited 11-13-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts