Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it at MSRP. I'm a bit confused with the 7y/100k/0 Deductible thing because I was told that it would cost me $1,800.00. The guy at the finance dept had also told me that if I get it at a later time it would cost me even more.
I feel like if I was taken for a ride.

Any advice?

The sales person who took care of my deal was Excellent (Judy) at Paramus Honda NJ on Route 4. She's the most skilled sales person that I have ever dealt with, very professional, honest and courteous. NO BS or stupid lies like other sales people.

------------------
Will N.
New Jersey "The Garden State"

·
Registered
368 Posts
You are getting hosed if you paid $1800 for the HC extended warranty. That's more than double what you can easily get it for at other dealers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Call the sales person (Judy) and tell her you want to cancel the $1800.00 7/100/0 Honda Care Plan. You can get it for $875.00 from Tracy McCrystal, Finance Manager, at Alton Blakley Honda in Somerset, Kentucky. Her phone # is 800 264 3275 or e mail her at [email protected] She will send you an info packet...fill it out..send it back to her and your covered. It doesn't matter that you didn't pbuy it from the dealer you purchased your Ody from. Out of state...doesn't matter. All Honda dealers have to honor your HCP. Many others on this site have done the same thing. I learned about this great deal from this site, specifically from CKnorsche, one of the moderators....This site is 'worth it's weight in gold'.
Schnauzer

·
Registered
131 Posts
On the 7/100 warranty is there any deductable??? And is it drivetrain only or bumper to bumper?

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
234 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shaners:
On the 7/100 warranty is there any deductable??? And is it drivetrain only or bumper to bumper?

</font>
It is a bumber to bumper warranty. It even covers NAV or RES. and there is no deductable. It is a good insurance policy. One bad transmission, or air conditioner compressor, and you have paid for it. It also covers loner cars for prolonged maintenance problems.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Or you can do what I did when I picked up my 02' in the dealership. They also quote me a big price, but a lot less then yours ($1400).
I was prepared and I showed the finance guy the print out of a thread in Odyclub. The thread showed Tracy's personal quote, and the guy just matched it. So, I ended up paying like most every othe club member did: $875 for 7/100/0.

·
Registered
131 Posts
OK now I've owned this van for a week and 300 miles, am I still eligable for the HCP? I wasn't even offered an extended warranty when I bought the van, but most of the dealing was via phone and I had a tight schedule on delivery day, so delivery was 30 minutes or less...

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
234 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shaners:
OK now I've owned this van for a week and 300 miles, am I still eligable for the HCP? I wasn't even offered an extended warranty when I bought the van, but most of the dealing was via phone and I had a tight schedule on delivery day, so delivery was 30 minutes or less...

</font>
Yes you are. Just send for an application kit from Stacy, fill it out, and Honda will send you your policy. At $875.00 it's a no brainer for the peace of mind for the next 7 years. Thats just $125.00 per year.

[This message has been edited by LHOdy (edited 12-22-2001).]

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LHOdy:
...At $875.00 it's a no brainer for the peace of mind for the next 7 years. Thats just $125.00 per year.</font>
$218.75/year, since the regular warranty covers the first 3 years and the extended warranty covers only the next 4 years

·
Registered
596 Posts
My only concern with the extended warranty is when it comes to the "normal wear" judgements that come up when failure occurs. To an extent, it may depend upon how much one's dealer wants to go to bat for coverage, but, I can almost feel the conflict in my bones. The fella who sold us the Honda Care said, in front of a witness, that it is an "extension" of the standard warranty, but, there are discussions which say that it is not treated as such. Will it cover a transmission replacement at 96K miles? Or will they say the failure is due to "normal wear and tear"? We'll see........

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
28 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schnauzer:
You can get it for $875.00 from Tracy McCrystal, Finance Manager, at Alton Blakley Honda in Somerset, Kentucky. Her phone # is 800 264 3275 or e mail her at [email protected] She will send you an info packet...fill it out..send it back to her and your covered. It doesn't matter that you didn't pbuy it from the dealer you purchased your Ody from. Out of state...doesn't matter. All Honda dealers have to honor your HCP. </font>
I just got an email back from her. Info is in the mail (or will be Monday).

------------------
2002 EP LX (Picking up Dec. 24th!!)
1998 Civic DX, Blue
1992 Civic LX, Red (Bye-Bye)

Previous Hondas:
1987 Prelude, Gray (totaled in 2000 w/188k miles)
1978 Accord, Red

Other cars:
1982 Ford EXP (We all make mistakes!)
1969 Olds Delta 88 (with 10 speed bike in back seat in case it broke down)

Family:
Myself, Wife, 3 kids (4,2 & newborn). Ever see 3 kids in the back of a 98 Civic?? GOTTA GET THAT ODY SOON!!!!

Other:
2000 Yardman mower with a Honda engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts