Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I reading the manual right?

The way I read it, Honda specifies changing the filter at every OTHER oil change (15k), rather than at each one (7.5k).

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ramon

'01 Silver Ody LX.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Lots of oil discussion.
However, I have not seen anyone on this board, or any other, that would not change the filter with an oil change. Oil and filters are inexpensive compared to the motor.
I will change oil AND filter every 3,000 on our 02, except for the first which I will wait until 3750 as per the manual. More than necessary, but it gives me a sense of security.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I read the manual as severe is oil at 3750 and normal at 7500. With severe, the oil filter is changed with every other oil change. However, I agree with the previous post that the filters are inexpensive in comparison. At least for now, I have decided to go with the 7500 interval using synthetic.

Jeff

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX
Cassette, Rosen Video System, Fog Lights, Splash Guards
Full Nose Mask

See photos at:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B5EC5C7BC6CFA07

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't have a manual in front of me, nor do I need one... ALWAYS change the filter with an oil change. Today's filters claim smaller and smaller micron filtration... this means they can quickly become inefficient as more material is trapped. Spend the 3 or 4 dollars more ($10 with Mobile
)!

Oh, wait... legal disclaimer... this is all IN MY OPINION!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts