Honda Odyssey Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Odyssey LX
50 Posts
I don't think surround magnet on normal oil filter will work, the steel body shielded the magnet field. ForceField should work.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I don't think surround magnet on normal oil filter will work, the steel body shielded the magnet field. ForceField should work.
As stated above the ForceField filter (which is installed between the oil filter and the engine oil filter mount) compresses its rubber seal and scratches the flat surface of the oil filter mount. Over time it will become unscrewed and loose, due largely to the threaded adapter that is installed into the ForceField. I cut one apart and it was loaded with iron spicules. It is no longer listed on the FilterMag site.

On the other hand, the FilterMag magnets, installed on the outside of the oil filter, work like a charm. I have two of them on the outside of my oil filter and, when the filter is cut open, there is always a healthy deposit of grey metal dust on the inside circumference of the filter shell. See my photo of this posted elsewhere.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Save your money. It won't catch non-ferrous particles and it certainly won't improve gas mileage.

The engine in the Ody will usually outlast just about everything else in the van with regular oil and filter changes.
+1. Over kill. Use a name brand filter. Change your oil regularly. Save your $.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts