Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to this forum, I was able to fix my sons 96 oddyssey.It sprung the leak on him and I was like what the Hell.My other son towed me me home so I could look at it.Very easy fix...$ 3.07 for o-ring (91316-PE7-730)from Honda dealer,$9.82 for 30mm socket from checkers,autozone only had up to 29mm,$ 25 for oil and filter,and bam it was fix.I jacked car up,put it on stands,and went under from front of car,to me it was the easy way.You dont have to undo the 2 hoses on can,I cleaned can,then I used ky jelly on o-ring to keep it in place on the can and then reattached can. I put 2 quarts in car an let it run for a minute to make sure it didn't leak and then put the oter 2 quarts in..fixed...
If you need the can it was $ 346.00 ouch

what you need:
jack
jack stands
30mm socket
o-ring
4 quarts of oil
filter

·
Registered
947 Posts
Great to hear it! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
WOW, 20 minutes and I was DONE! Thanks for the tool list and part numbers... 3.50 for the o-ring, 40 for the ratchet and socket, 25 for the oil filter and oil! Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just did this job myself after reading all the helpfull info on this forum and it went very smooth. My van is a 98 and I did this as a preventative measure since a failure could but quite a damper on ones day! Glad I did because the old O ring was very hard and brittle. This will be on my scheduled maintenance along with timing belt from now on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
cool man, i was suprised to see they used a plastic o ring instead of a rubber one. mine was craked in 5 places!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a small oil leak coming from the oil filter housing. The leak started after I made the mistake of replacing the oil filter and not being careful to remove the gasket on the old oil filter. I tightened the new filter too much, I guess, and now I have a leak coming from that location? I have put 5 new filters on and the leak does not stop. Is it possible that I bent the can? Or is the leak really coming from the O ring?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts