Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
First I'd like to say this is a great forum , helped me out so much on my 95 Ody. @ 197 K miles.
I'm doing the timing / balancer belts , water pump , seals , etc.
I noticed some oil on the rear of the engine block ,looks like from around the oil pan gasket and oil cooler O ring , replaced the oil cooler O ring , but getting grey hair trying to figure out how to remove the oil pan....
removed the exhaust piece , cross brace , but hangs up on the Torque Converter Cover plate. Everything I've read says to just drop the pan straight down , ....
I removed the three bolt holding the torque converrter cover plate ,but it has a flange that slides in place and can't get it out ....

Thanks for any advice ........... John H.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Remove the black torque convertor cover. Also the make sure you remove the front and rear engine/trans stiffeners first. Both have 2 or 3 bolts holding them. Once everything is out of the way the pan comes straight down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
added photos

removed the engine /trans stiffener/ brace that runs across the oil pan / removed all the bolts holding the torque comverter cover plate and all the bolts / nuts holding the oip pan...... can't get the torque converer plate off , it's loose but can't get it past the oil pan , it will slide a small amout,but seems the oil pan stops it and the small flange stops it from dropping straight down......I circled the flange in the pic.
There must be something I'm doing wrong.......JH

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Realized that the Shift Cable Cover unbolts , allowing the Torque Converter Cover to be removed, thus freeing the Oil Pan to be dropped down .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jhiggins,
Will you be so kind in posting some pics of your issues. Im planning to replace my pan as well, but Im afraid of finding a dead end.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here's a pictures of the Shift Cable Cover circled in black and a pictured of the cover removed , that has to come off , then you can remove the torque Converter Cover and then the Oil Pan. _ Good Luck

9bf8021a[1].jpg c2481937[1].jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts