Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
UPDATE TO ORIGINAL POST

The local Honda dealer replaced the oil pan, and changed the oil and filter with full-synthetic oil. The "quick oil change" place paid for the repairs and the oil change. The total was $754.57.

Interestingly, I spoke with the mechanic. He said that the engine did not need to be raised in order to remove/replace the oil pan. He said the old/new pans slide out/in easily without bending the oil pickup.

Also interesting, the dealer does not carry full-synthetic high-mileage oil. This is what I wanted, but they only had full-synthetic "regular mileage" oil.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Also interesting, the dealer does not carry full-synthetic high-mileage oil.
Makes sense actually. Most cars in dealers' bays are of the newer variety that wouldn't have a need for high-mileage engine oil.

If you wanted HM oil for a leaking oil seal, try adding a can of ATP-205 interim to the next oil change.

Glad you got the oil pan issue resolved. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had to take off my oil pan because of a leaky oil pump gasket. Had to do the job 3 times total because the sealant would develop a leak after a while. Used Hondabond , permatex then finally reinzosil, and let it cure for 3 days before putting oil in.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts