Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since my Pathfinder uses 0w-20 and i be seen online that ow-20 wild be ok for the 2007 Odyssey, I'd thought I'd get the same oil for both to make it easier for me. But, I wanted to check with the experts first.

Costco also sells 2 pack of these for$30 for synthetic, so could be win win.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
485 Posts
So since my Pathfinder uses 0w-20 and i be seen online that ow-20 wild be ok for the 2007 Odyssey, I'd thought I'd get the same oil for both to make it easier for me. But, I wanted to check with the experts first.

Costco also sells 2 pack of these for$30 for synthetic, so could be win win.

You will be fine. The first number is for when its cold outside. As long as you stay using a 20 weight than you will be fine.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
487 Posts
You will be fine. The first number is for when its cold outside. As long as you stay using a 20 weight than you will be fine.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
Agreed, just don't try and explain this to the dealer when you try and get an oil change there. The service advisor sat there for 20 minutes and tried to tell me some fairy tale about how I would grenade my engine doing that in the middle of the summer.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
487 Posts
Mobil says that weight is good:
View attachment 155367

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
I'd take that recommendation with a grain of salt in general though. Depends on the testing performed and everything. Considering that it has been used by many forum members in the past, I feel better about in this specific application

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
134 Posts
I'm the same way, I will use what the owner's manual recommends. The 07 Odyssey calls for 5W-20, but I've heard of people using 0W-20 or 5W-30, and both should be fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help. The oil from Costco will be here on Friday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts