Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My van is a 2010 EX-L. I just picked up a nice set of wheels for a fantastic price but noticed the holes for the valve stem are not large enough to accommodate the fatter TPM valve assembly. Is it possible to do without the tire pressure monitors or does it effect other systems like ABS and traction control? I'd rather not have to go to a machine shop to bore out the rims.

TIA

·
Registered
176 Posts
TPMS sensors are independant of any other systems. Only issue would be annoying warning message or light on dash

Al

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
You will get the bright yellow TPMS on your dash, that is it. After a couple of weeks, you will not notice it at all. The only thing that it breaks is that you can NOT turn off the VSA system. I suggest black tape over the TPMS light and live with it. I do that now with my wifes CRV during the winter, snows with out the TPMS sensors installed due to the system limitation of storing only 1 set of sensors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'll have tires mounted w/o the sensors and revisit this next year if the warning light bugs me too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts