Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He seems to think that the Redrocks haven't been released yet, just because he can't find any here in Southern California. I KNOW they've been released! Has anyone seen a Redrock near San Diego or farther north? At a dealer? On the road? I still have yet to see ONE real Odyssey.

Argh. We were told that our van was supposed to arrive Wednesday, but then another salesmen said, "uhh, no, it's being built on Tuesday." We don't get it until around November, and we're first on the friggin list!

Sorry about that, just had to get it out of my system.

Michelle

------------------

• 1995 Civic Teal DX Coupe
  • 2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon, it's been on order since March)
  • 1987 Blue Civic Sedan
  • 1990 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable
  • '86 Silver Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream Motorcycle

·
Registered
483 Posts
Poodleluvr:
How far north are you looking?
The Redrocks are more of a darker red, but not maroon.

How's the project Civic going?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 17. I know I'm a youngin', but I've always had an interest in cars. I can think back to being about five and being able to name off all the cars on my street (Aerostar, Cadillac, LeBaron, etc.). I still can do that with practically any car (can sometimes tell model trim and year too!). And I also like to think I know a lot about each car.

But anyway, we are at the top end of San Diego County. But the places my step dad called were further south.

The Civic's allright. I'm loving it. No now mods, I've actually folded down the back seat and filled it with stuff to paint my parking spot at school (which I'm off to do right now). I was pretty pleased when I figured out that I could get a card table in the trunk and not have to fold down the back seat.

I can't think of any new mods right now--maybe getting my a/c condenser fixed (it's making a funny noise).

Later,
Michelle

------------------

• 1987 Blue Civic Sedan

·
Registered
564 Posts
Michelle -

That's awesome: You're one of the few women AND probably the youngest regular here. Anybody care to challenge? Don't EVER apologize for being young. I made that mistake WAY back when I was young...I almost forgot to enjoy it!

But oh, you make me feel old now...

So Adam, was it the "butt" comment that tipped you off?

-d

------------------
"Some people say you can't take it with you. I'm taking it with me." - Steve Marin
Future: 2002 EXL-NAV, TW (with RES wanted!)
Current: 2001 Civic EX, silver
Leaving: 2001 V70 T5 - White w/ graphite leather

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
hehehe It was the "butt" comment, plus do I remember her using "booger" in another thread?

I know she used "Oh poop" somewhere, too...

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry!!! If my *teenage* comments are upseting you guys, let me know and I'll knock it off.

Thought of a new mod, my Civy desperately needs a subwoofer or better speakers! My goodness, we had the Beatles blasting in there while we were painting today, and the poor thing couldn't handle the bass! My stereo's bass only goes up to 7 (whatever that means). But when I'm driving it's sufficient. No tailgate parties for me.

Michelle

------------------

• 1987 Blue Civic Sedan

·
Registered
33 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by poodleluvr:
He seems to think that the Redrocks haven't been released yet, just because he can't find any here in Southern California. I KNOW they've been released! Has anyone seen a Redrock near San Diego or farther north? At a dealer? On the road? I still have yet to see ONE real Odyssey.

Argh. We were told that our van was supposed to arrive Wednesday, but then another salesmen said, "uhh, no, it's being built on Tuesday." We don't get it until around November, and we're first on the friggin list!

Michelle

</font>

·
Registered
33 Posts

Michelle

</font>
I saw two already from a local dealer (Markham , Ontario, Canada..... really North of you)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Michelle - painting your parking space at school???

Englighten us.

It sounds like you have a reserved spot at your high school??? When I was in high school (God I can't believe I'm saying this!!), we walked to school. That block was a killer uphill both ways and all. And the snow.....!!!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Sorry!!! If my *teenage* comments are upseting you guys, let me know and I'll knock it off.</font>
No no no no no, I just wanted to make sure we weren't dealing with some challenged 35 year old woman who said "oh poop" and "my step dad is being a butt about it".

We all knew you were a teenager. I just wondered what age, that's all.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At school we have Senior Spots. About 100 spaces of the student parking lot (which has mostly been taken over by the staff, btw) are reserved to be auctioned off to seniors. Then it's up to the seniors to paint the spot they bought. There's first, second, and third prizes to the best spots. I sure hope I'll get a prize! (my spot cost $95, and then $76 for paint, quite expensive). And the point of getting a senior spot is to show off that you have that kind of money to spend (hey, it's true!) and also to have a guarnteed parking spot and don't have to park out in the boonies, as we call it.

So, I got a senior spot and painted it today. Would post a picture (I'm quite proud of it) but our digital camera died.

Yeah, my mom has given me the story about walking to school and not having a car. My reply: "you wanna get up early and drive me to school and pick me up?" That usually works, and keep in mind that I live about 5 miles away from school, even though it is a public school. And all last year I had to park out in the residential streets and deal with finding a ride on street sweeping day, and also the constant threat of tickets. Luckily, I payed attention to the parking ticket part of drivers' ed and never got one. My friend and I were even considering putting up a "ticket tally" on a certian fire hydrant that people always parked by. I think it 'gave out' about 10 tickets last year.

Now they're going to paint all the curbs red out in the 'hood so no one will be able to park there. Unfortunately, the traffic department and school officials neglected to figure out WHERE the juniors and sophomores would park! We got a great laugh at the pricipal suggesting that everyone park at a empty lot a mile down the road and bussing everyone in. YEAH RIGHT!!! My school district is so poor that my school is at double compacity and won't build another, and there's no busses in general at the high schools. Pretty pathetic.

Michelle

------------------

• 1987 Blue Civic Sedan
[This message has been edited by poodleluvr (edited 09-15-2001).]

·
Registered
4,495 Posts

Thought of a new mod, my Civy desperately needs a subwoofer or better speakers! My goodness, we had the Beatles blasting in there while we were painting today, and the poor thing couldn't handle the bass! My stereo's bass only goes up to 7 (whatever that means). But when I'm driving it's sufficient. No tailgate parties for me.

Michelle
</font>
Michelle,
It depends on how much money you want to spend,how much space you're willing to give-up,etc. I had 6 1/2 Kicker free-air(this means they use the trunk of the vehicle as a box) subs mounted on the rear deck of my Civic. I never thought they'd put out good bass, being so small and mounted without a box. But they were awesome. Of course they were paired with a 120W amp and crossover.
Check around the audio shops.

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with stuff,just S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is there any low profile and inexpensive woofer out there? I don't need turbo bass, just something that makes the car go 'boom boom' instead of 'rattle rattle' at higher volumes. And do these things take a lot of energy to run?

And I don't look like a ricer, so I've gotta keep it on the d&l (down and low). In other words, I'd like some decent bass for a gringa like me, but not so much that I rattle other people's windows. Get my drift?

Do you think new speakers would help? The ones in there are some sort of Infinity, and they're pretty whimpy at high volumes (hey, my friends turn up the music pretty high sometimes). Today I was worried that I'd blow a speaker because they sounded awful when I got close. Well, actually I was running to turn off hard rock cd when my mom drove up, but it's a 'clean' cd, so I wasn't worried that she'd hear anything bad (we actually heard mother f-er from someone else's car while she was there!), I just didn't want her to know how loud I had it!

When we got my mom's Civic (it was mine at the time), I bought a whole new JVC 12 disk system and also some bumpin' Jensen speakers with an adjustable bass nozzle thingy in the center. It's an awesome system, much more than my mom needs (keep in mind that I bought the system thinking it was gonna be mine). But alas, the uncoordinated clutch foot comes in and I now have an automatic.

We actually got that system up REALLY high when we installed the new speakers. It was great. Too bad it's not a 'chick' car, as my step dad calls my Civic.

I'd really prefer not to take up the room in my trunk, and cost is an issue because I still owe my parents the money they used to buy my car! The Jensen speakers are $30/pair. What do you think?

Boy, I sure talk a lot.

Michelle

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Sorry guys, If we're going OT here.
Michelle,
Jensens will always be Jensens. If you're going to invest in speakers, get better ones.
If you want a quick and easy way, get a SAS Bazooka tube.Compact, won't take up much space in the trunk. The smallest is a 6 1/2. You can get them powered but they cost more than non-powered.Simple to hook-up. I'm sure your step-dad can help you. I think they run around $200 for powered. Check ebay,ubid,etc.etc.They have some good deals there.
And no,you don't talk too much.

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with stuff,just S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, I HAVE my Redrock Pearl EX ... in my driveway, as we "speak"! IN Sandy Eggo! Luv it! Maybe i should say, "Bitch 'in"
Nick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts