Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an EX-L w/ RES on order and it should be here mid-July. It's our first minivan and I'm really looking forward to it.

My wife and I both have iPhones and I'm excited about using the Bluetooth streaming option but, given the limited storage available on the phone, I would like to use an older iPod that I've got lying around the house to leave in the glovebox permanently.

In my research, I've not found a conclusive answer about whether or not the age of your iPod matters. I've found info about the format of your USB drive and various other useful bits here and there, but nothing definitive on this question (so, though I'm new, please don't yell at me for starting a new thread :)).

I just want to make sure that my clunky old iPod will work in my kick-ass new Odyssey. Any info would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
687 Posts
When you are talking about an older iPod, which model/generation are you referring to? There have been a lot of iPods made over the past decade.

List of iPod models - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have a 4 year-old sixth generation iPod Classic (160 GB) and it works fine with the USB. I can't verify if fifth generation and older models work, so hopefully someone who has tried it and can chime in.

:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Honda has a list of the iPods and software versions that work in the cars. Unfortunately, you have to read the manual! You can get it online if you register for Honda's Ownerlink service.

·
Registered
687 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
my brother tried out two of his iPods, a 5th Gen iPod video that worked, and also a 1st Gen iPod touch. If I wasn't so lazy I would look in the owner's manual, but if it is 6 years old or less it will be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your help; especially the link to the owner's manual. The iPod in question is a 4th generation (what was, at that time, called the iPod photo) which makes it almost seven years old. Fingers crossed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts