Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed our van has a headlight out tonight when my wife backed it out of the garage. She told me someone told her last week a brake light was out. Sure enough, one headlight and one brake light are out. Are these related somehow with a fuse or something or just a strange coincidence? Been a long time since I changed a bulb on a vehicle. Wondering before I go look for bulbs. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Just coincidence IMO. They are on separate circuits/fuses. I'm with on the infrequency of bulbs going out. Just happens so rarely. I have replaced 1 tail light bulb and the 3rd brake light bulb in the last 10K miles, but it had been over 100K before that with no bulbs out.

Reactions: Ticket

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll pick some up this week. Is this something to get from dealer so it matches the other one, or will any name brand bulb work fine?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Thanks. I'll pick some up this week. Is this something to get from dealer so it matches the other one, or will any name brand bulb work fine?
The dealer won't have better bulbs than Walmart. I just try to avoid place like dollar stores and Harbor Freight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts