Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we went to visit some friends of ours for Thanksgiving lunch today. They made quite a bit of money during the dot-com boom (stock options mainly). I thought it might be a bit of an opportunity to show-off our three-week-old Odyssey. So when we got there, I was a bit dismayed to find out they bought a Toyota Sequoia Limited eight weeks ago, and a Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible three weeks ago! Still got the BMW M3 and Jeep Grand Cherokee that they are looking to sell... So I ended up gloating over their new cars instead...!

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

[This message has been edited by pearsonrj (edited 11-22-2001).]

·
Registered
596 Posts
Some will have their heaven here on earth and the others.......... When I was growing up, my family NEVER had a new vehicle and I did not know the difference. It's all in what one gets used to, I guess. In the end, it's all just "stuff" (a collection of nuts and bolts holding a lotta tin together)......

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
596 Posts
Your EX-L is a VERY nice ride and should serve your family well.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
31 Posts
I dunno.. I admired the Sequoia too, but decided in the end I'd rather have a car that we enjoy (that is, the ODY) than one that looks all good (the Sequoia) but isn't as comfortable, guzzles gas, etc. So, they got the pleasure of having you admire their cars. You have the pleasure of owning an Ody.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got to drive the Ody for almost a 1K trip last weekend (Wed-Sat). It was VERY comfortable, fit my wife and 2 kids, had plenty of luggage in the back and still had the third seat available for who knows what. Would like to see that done in a Porsche!
I came back to from the trip and got to get back into my Grand Cherokee to find that it can not even come close to the comfort of the Ody!... My wife is picking on me because I have taken such a liking to the Ody, but she likes it just as much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts