Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the DVD sound wire from the TSB for my '06 with RES and that solved the kids going nuts because the sound dropped out. However, in removing stuff to connect the wiring and what not, I had to take some of dash apart and the wire went around a Airbag sensor that was labeled "A" in huge letter on it. I disconnected it and unscrewed it carefully, then did the job, then reassembled, but I remember the shifter needed to be moved to get the trim back on so I had to turn on the ignition to move the shift lever, and I may have had the airbag sensor in a vertical position hanging by wire at that time before reassembling. I've messed with airbags and the systms before (I'm rebuilding a car that was wrecked) but not had any issues if you don't bang them around. I wondered if it was the position of the sensor that was an issue. Likely I'd guess. :um:

My airbag light has been on ever since, I thought the circuit may reset after X cycles but its been a few months. I know the system may not operate in its current condition, I'm risking that I know, but my question is does anyone know if I need to replace the "A" sensor, or just have a tech reset the system?

I'm feeling foolish for causing this problem. I tried looking in the service manual for way to correct but it was heavy on using a Honda scan tool and not being at a dealer I don't have it. I did use my ODBII tool but it did not see any codes so I could not reset it.

May go by the honda dealer and ask some questions.

Be aware of this issue and learn from my mistakes.

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Follow the SRS Light Reset procedure posted by a guy here. I used it to reset my Accord's SRS light. Normal OBD scanners will NOT read SRS codes and neither will they reset it but a paperclip and a couple of thin wires will help you check the code AND more importantly, reset it.

SRS codes do NOT reset even if you remove the battery overnight.

** Edit **
The thread I was talking about is: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/24-1999-2004-odyssey/149996-srs-reset.html

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a LOT, exactly what I was looking for. For some reason I searched but did not turn up this gem of a thread, I should have known youtube would have something!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried reset, got the two flashes and it then came back on. Now will try the code retrieve. I got a 9-2, internal failure of SRS unit. Hmm....

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Try a few times. It took me a while to reset mine. Follow the instructions to the T.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts