Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the threads on sliding doors and back door draining the battery, this is also my problem. I need to know if there is someway to de-activate this. I use my minivan and a mini-camper. I camp with my cat and need to leave the sliding door open for him to come and go, and I also leave the back door open partway for airflow. Is there anyway to stop from this draining the battery? My cat and I will be forever grateful!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
If i were you I would just take off negative battery cable . That is if you dont mind redoing time entering radio code but I would say it is the safest way so battery doesn't drain.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,455 Posts
You could replace the latch that is draining the battery, maybe you could also take out the #7 fuse?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If i were you I would just take off negative battery cable . That is if you dont mind redoing time entering radio code but I would say it is the safest way so battery doesn't drain.
It's better than draining the battery and needing jumps, thank you for the suggestion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could replace the latch that is draining the battery, maybe you could also take out the #7 fuse?
I dont think there's anything wrong with the latch. What I've read is this is a common problem because of the way it's wired. But the fuse is an interesting idea. I'll check into that. Thank you.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,455 Posts
If you're leaving your door open and the battery is draining....that's completely normal...

·
Registered
215 Posts
As WiiMaster states in an unrelated thread you would also have to make sure the rear hatch light is turned OFF or leaving the rear door open will drain your battery

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,455 Posts
As WiiMaster states in an unrelated thread you would also have to make sure the rear hatch light is turned OFF or leaving the rear door open will drain your battery
I don't remember saying anything about the rear hatch in any thread, but sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks you for these replies. I tried disconnecting the negative cable on the battery last night and that works fine, except the driver's side sliding door power doesn't work, I have to slam it hard and push it the rest of the way to get it to close properly and it's difficult to open, so that's not going to work very well. I'll try locating the fuse for the doors, maybe that will include the rear door latch as well.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,455 Posts
Well obviously with no power to the car, the power doors won't work, and because of the motor, it's difficult to use in manual mode. Pulling the number 7 fuse should remove power to the sliding door rear latch as well, but it will also remove power to all the doors.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It was the thread about changing the sliding door parts and finding the screw/bolt holes. You mentioned that leaving the back hatch open while having the tail lights out could drain the battery if you do not turn the light off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well obviously with no power to the car, the power doors won't work, and because of the motor, it's difficult to use in manual mode. Pulling the number 7 fuse should remove power to the sliding door rear latch as well, but it will also remove power to all the doors.
When I said the sliding door was not working I meant after I reconnected the battery, sorry I didnt say that . I read in one of these threads that it needs to be reset but I haven't done that yet, So I'll try the reset to get the door working and then I'll try pulling the fuse. Thank you.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,455 Posts
It was the thread about changing the sliding door parts and finding the screw/bolt holes. You mentioned that leaving the back hatch open while having the tail lights out could drain the battery if you do not turn the light off.
Oh, right, the rear hatch light. Yeah, that probably should be shut off, but I'd imagine it would take quite a while for it to actually drain the battery. Mine was on for probably 2.5-3 hours, and the battery still was able to start the car just fine afterwards.

Reactions: robertwards
1 - 13 of 13 Posts