Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now bare with me. Honda is known to have a good resale value and being reliable (just forget here the transmission issues for this post please). In my case I have purchased my 99 ex van certified from the dealer in Canada in Jan 2003 with 93 000 km for $23 000 and just sold it with 198000km for $4000. So eight years of operation for $17 000 for a cost of roughly $2200 a year. I am hoping to do better with my purchase of an exl 2004 with only 92000km. Mind you this time no warranty... I wonder how you guys compare

·
Registered
6 Posts
My goal is always a 1 to 10 ratio, if I spend $10k then I want 100k miles.
My first gen was purchased for $3800-$1k resale and I got 33k. I have a 93 Volvo 240 I bought for $2k @ 73k and they can reach 250k. I just bought a 04 EXL for $11k @ 84k but I doubt that I'll hit 1 to 10 on it but I guess its a trade off for a more refined vehicle.

Here is a question I have, if you compare the number of 2nd gen you see driving around to the number of trans failures you read about on the internet the reported failures on the internet is very small in comparison. Is the 2nd gen public at large experiencing these failures and just coughing up the dough or are the people with trans failures turning to the internet for answers and driving up the failures found there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the impression that the number of post has decreased in the second gen now and people with problem tend to populate it more frequently than before. But it is also easier to find what you are looking for because almost everything has been said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts