Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need opinions on what you guys think of NAPA front rotors. The sell three grades, Premium, Ultra Premium, and Ultra 8.

the premium and ultra 8 are priced about the same. the Ultra is about another $30/ea. So, I'm trying to gauge if the ultras are worth the difference. And if not, which of the other two should I go with.

Our originals are just vibrating way too much.....

·
Registered
186 Posts
I need opinions on what you guys think of NAPA front rotors. The sell three grades, Premium, Ultra Premium, and Ultra 8.

the premium and ultra 8 are priced about the same. the Ultra is about another $30/ea. So, I'm trying to gauge if the ultras are worth the difference. And if not, which of the other two should I go with.

Our originals are just vibrating way too much.....
I only use the cheapy premium,,, I have a NAPA wholesalers card and get them for $22 each,,,so instead of turning rotors I replace them,,,They are on all my (4) Acura's and Hondas. No problems,, my Local NAPA sells them to local Firestone repair w/ exclusive contract,, means they sell lots of them,, none have ever been returned for problems,,, the diff is ultra p has some kind of rust inhibiter and the Ultra 8 have pretty black paint where they think it might rust,,, They all come from the same manufacture in China,,, so what,,, Honda has suppliers in China??? doesn't stop us from buying Honda's.. :DD

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only use the cheapy premium,,, I have a NAPA wholesalers card and get them for $22 each,,,so instead of turning rotors I replace them,,,They are on all my (4) Acura's and Hondas. No problems,, my Local NAPA sells them to local Firestone repair w/ exclusive contract,, means they sell lots of them,, none have ever been returned for problems,,, the diff is ultra p has some kind of rust inhibiter and the Ultra 8 have pretty black paint where they think it might rust,,, They all come from the same manufacture in China,,, so what,,, Honda has suppliers in China??? doesn't stop us from buying Honda's.. :DD
Wow. I also get a discount, but not that good! :) The ultra-8 are actually $6/ea cheaper than the premiums. Should I try those?

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I have been using Autozone front rotors now for 2 years, smooth like a baby.
I bought it at Autozone for $42/each.

Autozone rotors carry a 2-year warranty, then pro-rated.
The brake pad is life-time warranted as long as you own the vehicle!

Search for info in my other thread on DIY Front Brake Rotor!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I get Beck Arnley's for $45 ea., OE Honda rotor in a different box...literally.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Wow. I also get a discount, but not that good! :) The ultra-8 are actually $6/ea cheaper than the premiums. Should I try those?
yep,, from NAPA get what is the least expensive,, My range of cost for Rotors has been $22- $33,, I don't remember what the Ody was,, It was only a few bucks more than the machine shop wanted to turn them,,, for some turning them is the cheapest way to go... just measure for the min the specs,,,

·
Registered
315 Posts
Many of the NAPA rotors are OEM from Raybestos, a very good quality brand rotor (except for their service grade low end cheapy) that I have had great luck with on many vehicles. Any of the premium ones from NAPA will serve you well.

I wish I could get them for $22, man that is steal!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I ended up going with a set of wearevers from Advance auto parts. Right now, you can get $40 off $100 with coupon code CCABIN. Made them $35/ea with tax. Can't beat that at any price that's accessible to me. And so far they are working great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts