Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the RES model has a DVD/CD changer from the pictures posted, I'm not sure if the changer is a standard thing or an option since it is not mentioned in anywhere by reading Honda news. I contacted my dealer and asked him about the Options for 2002 RES, he said he didn't have much info yet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by I_Love_Ody:
I saw the RES model has a DVD/CD changer from the pictures posted, I'm not sure if the changer is a standard thing or an option since it is not mentioned in anywhere by reading Honda news. I contacted my dealer and asked him about the Options for 2002 RES, he said he didn't have much info yet.</font>
They never do. Who are you dealing with? I'm in Raleigh, but am buying out of town as that is the only way to get under MSRP.

------------------
'66 Mustang convertible (former, pre-mommy life)
'99 CSS EX (gone but not forgotten)
'01 GG EX (Humpty Dumpty - you know the story)
'02 GG EXL NAV (Under construction)

·
1,484 Posts
Is it a changer? I though it was just a cassette & single CD headunit. And a seperate-single DVD player.

Also, we don't know if the accessory changer (mounted under seat) will work on the new RES headunits. Most likely it will - but you never know.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
854 Posts
if you look carefully at picture number 3 on the 2nd page at Honda news, you will see on the display 2-05. That seems to suggest cd number two, track 5. It's probably the type of cd changer that sucks in 6 cds.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you look closely at the picture of the head unit it says "dvd" on the screen above the 2-05. So it seems it would be title 2, chapter 05 on a dvd being played on the RES and not disc 2, track 05 on a cd changer.

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nurbel:
If you look closely at the picture of the head unit it says "dvd" on the screen above the 2-05. So it seems it would be title 2, chapter 05 on a dvd being played on the RES and not disc 2, track 05 on a cd changer.</font>
Oooh...the plot thickens!

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe that the two units are integrated in that the main uit can tell you what is plying in the rear of the ody (which is why it says rear). It only makes sense that they would be integrated if the dvd would use the speakers of teh main system. If you were listening to a dvd in the fron and watching the same in the rear, both windows would show the same information.

·
Registered
10 Posts
"disc +/- could mean the same things as disc skip."

I think all the Honda radios are designed to add CD changer. So, it probably doesn't come with a changer but maybe is designed so you can add like the other Honda cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts