Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started with a CD jam.... I tried all the tips re:fuse, battery disconnect, etc, no success. Today I removed the audio unit, opened the top of the changer, and actually got all the CDs out, but in the process 1) several springs etc fell out and I have no clue where they fit and 2) the springs I removed on purpose are stretched badly and almost impossible to re-insert.

Originally, the dealer wanted to send unit away to replace, and told me it was not covered under my extended warranty.

So I am not much worse off and pretty much on to plan B.

Note that there is no NAV, DVD, or MP3, just straight 6-disc in dash CD.

What I can't figure out is, are there any aftermarket CD+MP3 players that can *replace* the factory 6 CD changer (i.e. fit in the same bracket/spot as the factory 6 CD changer )? Can these use the existing connectors and display? If that is not possible, what do people do with the slot in the factory audio unit?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Note that there is no NAV, DVD, or MP3, just straight 6-disc in dash CD.

What I can't figure out is, are there any aftermarket CD+MP3 players that can *replace* the factory 6 CD changer (i.e. fit in the same bracket/spot as the factory 6 CD changer )? Can these use the existing connectors and display? If that is not possible, what do people do with the slot in the factory audio unit?
Very easily done (esp. by auto stereo installers). It's actually easier than you think, but for fastest/best results, have a pro do it for you, with labor warranty.

An example of aftermarket retrofit of a new CD/MP3/DVD etc. unit in the stock slot:

In these units, typically the faceplate (screen) flips up and you can access the CD/DVD slot behind it. This one has the slot above the screen which is good, as well as basic controls. MP3/aux jacks are usually in the front beside the screen.

You can also get touchscreen-only units with a separate remote control.

Expect to pay about US$200-400 for a middle-of-the-road unit, plus another couple of hours for installation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
dash kit

sAABKEN

What dash kit did you use? Looks good
do you have another photo? it looks like its got an extra piece of molding around the unit that I haven't seen on the ones i'm looking at
thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts