Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... as the (modified) saying goes... they will build it so I will come and buy it.

I placed my order for a RRP Canadian RES yesterday and got just over $1,000 off and all options at cost. Anyone else out there order one as I am curious what deals are out there?

Seems that supply in Canada will not be great. One dealership I visited is only getting 4 (and this is a high volume dealer) and another is only getting 2. They should be built in late March / early April and we should be getting it in April or May if all goes well (its really my wifes car... I will take over the Accord and say a sad farewell to my Prelude - but it will be fun to drive and the kids will love the RES).

Now the waiting will be the tough part!!

Cheers... Gary

------------------
2002 RRP EX-L RES (- just gotta find the time to place an order
1998 EX-V6 Accord
1988 Si-4WS Prelude - soon to be gone

[This message has been edited by Garbat (edited 02-16-2002).]

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hold the phone...

You ordered a FACTORY RES - Rear Entertainment System - on a Canadian Spec Odyssey for delivery in Canada?!?!?!

It is not supposed to be available - is this a new development??

Any chance your dealer is retrofitting a video system into your 2002 van?

Please double check - because Honda Canada does not offer RES or Navi.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah, Canadian RES was supposed to be available for delivery starting end of March/Early April (saw this in earlier posts).

So you ordered one and they are in short supply. I am thinking of getting an SS EX-L RES in May. Guess I should slap down a deposit now and it will arrive in May!

I have just sent out an Internet quote request from the local Honda dealers. $1000 off and all options at cost...not bad. We almost but on Ody last year and I was quoted just 5% over dealer cost (thanks to CarCostCanada). I don't think I'll get the same discount on an Ody that is in short supply though. Although it never hurts to do your homework first...you can be quite surprised by what you get!

Thanks for the info about Canadian RES.

-Mr. Z

------------------
2000 Accord SE
1999 GrandAm GT

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is true... they are testing the Canadian market (according to the guy I talked to at Honda Canada) as they don't know if there is a market for RES here. I don't see why they need to test it as every dealership I go to is putting in aftermarket systems but hey... as long as I get one!

The MSRP on the Canadian RES is $39,100 (so a $2,200 premium for the RES system..... the aftermarket ones I looked at were around $1,500 so to me its worth it). It will only be available in RRP, SS and MB and supply will be limited. The dealers were told January 21 that they would be available, although when I was in no one had placed an order yet so I got the only RRP they were getting (then again consumers don't know about them).

Let me know how the internet quote goes. Curious on what kind of a deal I got.

Cheers....

Gary

------------------
2002 RRP EX-L RES - expected in April or May 2002
1998 EX-V6 Accord

·
Registered
99 Posts
Went to see some of my local Honda dealers yesterday. Saw the memo from Honda Canada on the Cdn RES. The memo was posted January 25 and stated the RES MSRP was $39,100 as stated in a previous post.

Neither dealer I spoke to knew much about the RES model. I actually knew more than they did. Although one dealer says once the RES models go into production, it should only take 5 days max to have it shipped to the dealer and keys in my hand. Maybe this isn't quite accurate.

Anyways, I got a response back on the internet quote. I'm gonna wait until I confirm my order before I post any numbers. I don't want the numbers to change and mislead anyone. I was quoted on the EX-L, not the RES, but the RES costs about $2200 more with dealer cost being $2013, so they aren't making alot on the RES. The dealership has lots of Odys on the lot, including EX-L models. It is one of the biggest in Eastern Ontario. They said delivery by end of April/early May shouldn't be a problem (if production starts in April). That is about a 1 month wait.

I'll update when I have some more info.

------------------
2000 Accord SE
1999 GrandAm GT

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, I have completed my journey to find an '02 Ody.

I have negotiated a great price of just 5% over dealer invoice (about $1500 discount) on a new Canadian EX-L RES model. The only problem I am having now is trying to decide the color. My dealer has an SS coming in with the April production (should be ready end of April) or an RRP in May production. I have to make my deposit sometime next week to guarentee my choice of color. So far, he has not had any orders placed for the RES model. However, we were not able to get any discount on options. So, for what you save on the options at dealer cost, Garbat, we will probably end up paying very close to the same amount. Options are marked up significantly from cost. I will probably try and save some money and install most things myself. I think I will be looking for an aftermarket in-dash multi CD changer that also plays MP3s instead of going with Honda's in-dash.

So, we should be getting our EX-L RES in May. Now I just have to sell my 2000 Accord!

BTW: The internet quote was only valid on the EX-L model, not the RES. Some dealers I spoke to will not discount the RES model at all, as most are limited to ordering between 1-3 per month, so they expect demand to exceed supply. Luckily I found 2 dealers that would discount the RES. Each had SS and RRP available in April/May.

------------------
2000 Accord SE
1999 GrandAm GT

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mr. Z... sounds like you got a pretty good deal too (i think you are right... its pretty close to mine with the options at least +/- a couple of hundred bucks).

Just curious... what dealers did you talk to in Ottawa? I had talked to Civic Motors before buying in Toronto (kind of living in both cities right now).

Congrats!! Gary

------------------
2002 RRP EX-L RES - expected in April or May 2002
1998 EX-V6 Accord

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey Gary,

Civic Motors is where we are buying our Ody from. I also spoke to Dow Motors and they too were also willing to do 5% over cost. We dealt with Craig Peleshok at Civic (he's the General sales manager). We have finally decided on the SS and he has one coming in with April production.

I was trying to get Trevor at HandA to ship accessories to Canada but he wouldn't give in. Too many problems he stated. Civic will not give me any discount on accessories, so I will shop around for some of the small items we want.

Cheers,

-Kevin

------------------
2000 Accord SE
1999 GrandAm GT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts