Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of mileage are you getting out of your Michelin tires on your Odyssey? I just check my wife's Oddy and the tires are shot at 25k miles. I've read on the tire websites that these original tires wear out quite rapidly. Has anyone had any luck with getting some credit for these on a new set at your Honda dealer? Thanks

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
45k outta mine

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Have to check...it was somewhere around 20K

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I replaced mine at 45k because winter was coming. Although they still had a good 10k left in them. Tread wear depends a lot on driving habits and the type of roads you are driving on. No two people will get the same results.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
24,235 to be exact

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am on this site today because I need to replace the tires on our 03. I knew that they were due but didnt realize how bad they were until I asked my mechanic to do an overall check of the vehicle before we take a road trip.
We had all 4 replaced at 48020. I liked the tires so we put the same Michelin Symmetry's on it and now we have 110,200 on it. So the last set lasted 62,180.

My wife only drive the thing a couple miles to work and shopping, and the rest is highway miles so I expect us to get better mileage than average. Also, it only on the 2nd set of brakes.
Jim

·
Registered
35 Posts
Replaced the original tires on our 07 EXL at 54,924 miles.

One of the original tires was apparently a magnet for nails. Picked up the first with under 1000 miles and by 48,000, that tire had picked up four more nails and had five plugs total. The other three tires had none.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The new tires arrived today from The Tire rack and we had them installed at Wallymart.
I went with the Goodyear Assurance due to the responces on this site, and the great ratings on The Tire Rack site.
I will let you know what I think of them after a decent road trip.

Wood712,
One of our vehicles years ago used to get an unusual number of flats on the left side. I found that my wife was riding the white line after someone crossed the center line on her years ago. The sides of the highways are littered with debris that will cause a flat.

Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just replaced mine lx4 after 54k miles I was debating between the bridgestone ecopia and the michline. The Costco tech told me the ecopia maybe available next year so I am sticking with the micheline this time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
42k on our 2006 EX. They were evenly worn down to the indicator bars.
Just got a set of Yoko Avid Touring-S from the Tire Rack. MUCH better ride now!!!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Regarding choice of tires, you get what you pay for and how much disposable income you can burn out with.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Regarding choice of tires, you get what you pay for and how much disposable income you can burn out with.
Well there are exceptions, and the OEM Michelin is one of them - it is relatively expensive yet it sucks :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
What kind of mileage are you getting out of your Michelin tires on your Odyssey? I just check my wife's Oddy and the tires are shot at 25k miles. I've read on the tire websites that these original tires wear out quite rapidly. Has anyone had any luck with getting some credit for these on a new set at your Honda dealer? Thanks
Replaced 2009 Ody EX-L tires at 45K with Michelin Defender. These tire are worse than the original(Mich Energy LX4). The Defender are not gripping the road well during wet/snowy conditions with very careful driving. Anyone else have similar experience with these Mich Defender tires?

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
Just put Defenders on a 2002 EX. Good dry grip. Better-than-reasonable wet grip. Low rolling resistance. Quiet!

Going to get another set of Defenders for our 2003 EX when the time comes up.

We have not used them in snow, but during our last trip to Florida, we drove through a LOT of pouring rain at stop-and-go city speeds and highway speeds. No complaints.

We wringed out long life from the OEM Michelin Symmetrys. Makes me wonder if they were "OEM", since many people on the forum noted that originally installed Symmetrys didn't last long, gripped poorly, and were noisy....but when they bought replacement Symmetrys from places like Tire Rack or Discount Tire, it was like it was a completely different tire! The "off the rack" Symmetrys had better grip wet or dry, were quieter, longer lasting...go figure!

OF

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 2012 Touring that came with Michelin Primacy MXV4 All-season. I thought it was an excellent tire for the Odyssey, smooth, quite and decent handling. Couple things that bothered me were, it was below to the wear bar just under 30K miles and the tires started to crack at around 28K.

I replaced the Michelins with Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia. The Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia aren't as smooth, quite or holding the road as well as worn Michelins, but they are probably the cloeset tire in this size that is comfort and quite oriented tires?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts