Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to who is still running their non rebuilt original transmission. Post your mileage and if you are on a rebuilt or reman. post up mileage at trans problem and how its doing now.

·
Super Moderator
13,542 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well was did a search and found this and the 3 listed are all gone apparently. I've know about the Odyssey transmission problems forever and getting more and more amazement from mine. Currently at 258k miles on the original not rebuilt transmission. Has thrown codes 2 or 3 times but then have never come back after reading them. My dad is now driving it and it's his daily. I'd love to see if anyone else has one of these "anomalies" and where they're at mileage wise.

·
Registered
681 Posts
2001, original owner. 213,000 miles. 4th transmission. First 3 lasted +/- 50,000 miles. 4th transmission, installed inline filter, drain/fill every 8,000 miles, no cooler. I think around 54,000 miles on 4th. Will see if the D/F makes a
difference.

Friend, 2000, original owner, put 130,000 miles on 3rd transmission. (same mechanic who did my 4th). No cooler.
But did more frequent D/F. Had about 330,000 miles on van, still running, when he got rid of it. (same engine).

These were all transmissions, that were rebuilt.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Ran my original 2001 to 254K miles before it got hit and totaled - original tranny and did plenty of towing with it. Bought a used 2004 - ran that to 342K miles on the original tranny before it also got totaled. Am now driving a 2003 with 221K on it with the original tranny and it runs just fine. Have also towed our camper quite a bit with this one. Personally, they have all been fine for me. I do install a tranny cooler when towing and regularly change the tranny fluid (single drain and fill) about every 20-25K miles. Changed out the 3 and 4 range switches on the '03 a while back after getting a code, but all fine.

I also have a '07 Ody and it has 221K on it, original tranny and tows the camper also. Runs like a champ. A cooler with regular maintenance seems to do the trick as far as I have seen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts