Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I believe the rumors began with a video from TFL Truck Video about the Tundra being delayed. Buried in that video was small snippet about the redesigned 2021 Sienna going hybrid-only for 2021:

Report: 2022 Toyota Tundra - The New Tundra May Be Coming Later Than We Think (Video) - The Fast Lane Truck

Then it was picked up by others:

Rumors Swirl About 2021 Toyota Sienna Hybrid and Fans Weigh In | Torque News

Toyota Venza crossover may be making a return as a hybrid

Hopefully the Odyssey redesign is a lot more than just cosmetic to keep up. It could use a hybrid option and add some other lacking features: a 360 degree camera, panoramic sunroof, full speed cruise control, etc.

As a fan of Honda / Acura I always assumed I would get an Odyssey for my growing family. But I admit the reliability issues have me concerned and combine that with with the lack of features (compared to the Sienna and Pacifica) and I'm leaning to Toyota later this year. Time to step it up Honda...
Toyota has a lot of experience with hybrid drivetrains, but I would not want one. It is a lot more complication added to your vehicle. That doesn't help with reliability. The battery needs to go somewhere in the car, where is the Sienna going to give up that space? The Pacifica does it by deleting one of the best features of the van, stow-n-go. That is one reason I would never get the hybrid Pacifica. I completely agree that a 360 degree camera is a nice feature to have. Until I tried it, I would not have guessed it would be so useful. It's a really easy feature to add as it is something that is integrated in the entertainment unit. Let's see what the future brings.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My friend just picked up a Kia Telluride, pretty nice. If you’re open to spending in the $47k range, the Hyundai Pallisade, which is the more luxurious sister, is packed with technological and practical features yet to be found in any Honda or Toyota.
You can't compare any of those vehicles to a minivan. They are not as spacious and not as easy to live with day to day. And they don't offer the same value as a minivan. Prior to owning my Odyssey I owned and MDX and with the exception of better noise isolation in the MDX, it can't compete with the Odyssey. I never go off road, so 4wd is of no use to me and it drags down the gas mileage.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts