Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Club, but I've been lurking for a while. No Ody yet - we had planned to wait until next summer to buy even before the '02 changes were announced so the supply could catch up. Less chance of that happening now, I suppose.

I noticed some subtle 2002 changes on the Honda site. The width decreased from 76.3 to 75.6 inches - odd. Maybe it's the new fascia? Also, weight is up 50 lbs on the LX (probably the side air bags, new exhaust and rear discs) and over 100 lbs on the RES, probably offsetting the extra 13lbs of torque. The 5-spd auto will probably have a bigger impact than that extra power, as it will be easier to get to the power band. I also noticed that mileage is the same - 18/25.

2002 mod question: I wonder if the Acura TL steering wheel swap will still work??

Glad to finally be in the club.

BTW, current vehicles are 96 Maxima SE (5 spd manual - not in a hurry to give that up) and 87 Supra Turbo (not child seat friendly).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome to the club. The horsepower is actually up 35hp and torque 25 lbs./sq. ft.
Remember that the 2001 Odyssey was 205hp and 217 torque with regular octane. Premium octane would give you the 210 and 229. I don't think many people use premium. The 2002 only requires normal 87 octane due to the advances made this year discussed in the press release. Are they good or what?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by timbuk2002:
I'm new to the Club, but I've been lurking for a while. No Ody yet - we had planned to wait until next summer to buy even before the '02 changes were announced so the supply could catch up. Less chance of that happening now, I suppose.

I noticed some subtle 2002 changes on the Honda site. The width decreased from 76.3 to 75.6 inches - odd. Maybe it's the new fascia? Also, weight is up 50 lbs on the LX (probably the side air bags, new exhaust and rear discs) and over 100 lbs on the RES, probably offsetting the extra 13lbs of torque. The 5-spd auto will probably have a bigger impact than that extra power, as it will be easier to get to the power band. I also noticed that mileage is the same - 18/25.

2002 mod question: I wonder if the Acura TL steering wheel swap will still work??

Glad to finally be in the club.

BTW, current vehicles are 96 Maxima SE (5 spd manual - not in a hurry to give that up) and 87 Supra Turbo (not child seat friendly).
</font>

·
Super Moderator
13,502 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by timbuk2002:
BTW, current vehicles are 96 Maxima SE (5 spd manual - not in a hurry to give that up) and 87 Supra Turbo (not child seat friendly).</font>
Are you a member on the Maxima.org forum too? Because I am.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
>>Are you a member on the Maxima.org forum too? Because I am.

Nope, but I go there on occasion. I spend most of my time at supras.com and odyclub - not much overlap in those demographics I imagine!

I agree that they pulled off quite a coup in coaxing 240hp on regular. I cringe when I have to put premium in my turbo, but there's not much choice there. I would've used regular if we had bought an 01 Ody.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts