Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of our new EX Red Rock 2002 ODY at 8:00 pm. last Tuesday 1/29 from Rosen Honda in N. Illinois. At 9:00 pm pulled out on a 1,000 mile trip from Chicago burbs too Mobile Alabama to visit our critically ill Father in law. Called Honda that morning and asked for it that night, they accomodated.

On the trip down, 14 hours, 1030 miles the vehicle ran great. Alot of rain, at night yet we felt confident. We are back home now and have 2,325 miles. Interesting way to break in a vehicle.

All the negatives I read about this vehicle I find not to be the case so far. We love it.
1.Best shifting Tranny we've ever had.
2. Power to spare, uphill Cruise control works very smooth.
3. Road and wind noise the quietist yet, very nice. (65-80mph).
4. Gas mileage 1st leg, 22-23 mpg-60-75 mph. on the road. Around town in Mobile 22 mpg. On the way home got 23-24 mpg- 75-80 MPH.
5. AC / Heat system really nice.
6. Doors hard to get used too but nice.
7.Had 6 passengers in the vehicle at one time very comfortably, 1-6'5", 250, fit the mid seat with ease. Could hear everyone speak very well.
8. Stereo system once adjusted very good. Felt the system reproduced various music very well. Kept the Treble controlled lowered slightly along with the bass lowered a little also.

Could go on but for now must say we are thrilled! Love the Red!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Glad to hear you love your new Odyssey. We took delivery of our 2002 GG EX-L in November. So far so good. We love it. Feb 7 the Ody will be 3 months old. Just turned 1800 miles. It stays home with my wife and is basically a locally driven vehicle. I agree with everything you like about your Ody. I LOVE the power and the all around feel of the van. Couldn't be happier. We reside in So. California and are considering taking if for a drive to see family in Michigan this summer. I would like to get a DVD entertainment system installed before the trip. Currently considering my options on that. I do wish the tilt wheel tilted lower than it does. Take care and enjoy the Odyssey!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I agree 100%. I have only 1300 miles on mine and the around town mpg's have been awful but it is cold and several 2 mile trips per day doesn't help. I did put 275 miles on last Sat and the mpg's were 25.7 (not too bad).

Plenty of power, and the new 5-speed auto is incredible!!! Radio is decent and wind/road noise is minimal!!! I'm very happy so far!!!

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts