Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is so frustrating! Did anyone else had this problem?
All my left side sash trims (on the sliding door and drivers door) got warped. Service tech says that sunlight caused it. Really? Am I only suppose to drive at night? They say they never seen this happen before. Anyone here from Arizona or other hot states?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm going through the same issue right now. Our driver side sash was warped and replaced. As soon as I returned home I noticed it was already warping out. I doubt it has anything to do with sunlight or heat. My guess is there is a bad angle or arc alignment between the door frame and sash. The passenger side is starting to show signs also.

My neighbor's Accord, which has similar sashes, has them flush with the door frame. Never any troubles with them warping due to heat.

I live in Phoenix and took delivery just over a month ago.

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is not like the photos shown. The pieces are simply warping and pulling off at the corners. I will post some photos later.

The sashes should be firmly on the the pillars of the car. The plastic isn't melting. I also do not park my car where concentrated sunlight is a factor. The sash is simply peeling away from the car at the edges. Enough to the point where water can easily enter and wind could enter and actually pull the piece off the car while driving. Granted, I haven't had this happen...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but after many searches this is the only thread that was relevant. The side sashes on the passenger side have warped on my Elite. I've already ordered a replacement set. What I need is advice on how to remove the panels (all 3 - front passenger door, and 2 on the sliding passenger door). I looked in the body work pdf, but that pdf doesn't include any trim/molding pieces.
The guy at the parts counter said there are no screws, just clips. But I don't want to pry them off in any incorrect manner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but after many searches this is the only thread that was relevant. The side sashes on the passenger side have warped on my Elite. I've already ordered a replacement set. What I need is advice on how to remove the panels (all 3 - front passenger door, and 2 on the sliding passenger door). I looked in the body work pdf, but that pdf doesn't include any trim/molding pieces.
The guy at the parts counter said there are no screws, just clips. But I don't want to pry them off in any incorrect manner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You ever find out how to remove them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts