Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 which has driven beautifully but has little quirks that are a p.i.t.a. The latest is that the trunk handle on the outside, just above the license plate, gets stuck. To open the trunk you have to squeeze the handle with 4 fingers toward the thumb. Well, lately, this handle has been sticking in the "open" position while NOT opening the trunk. So, the trunk is not open, but the handle is stuck. I've had to climb into the trunk area through the minivan, undo the plastic cover and then fiddle around and try to un-stick the handle. LAst time this happened, I sprayed some WD40 on it, but it didn't help.

Is this is a problem with the actuator (or whatever that is?) or just a sticky handle and I just need to put some oil on it?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
WD40 is not a lubricant. It will help some while it is wet but when it evaporates there is no lub qualities left. It is used for a water dispersent. Try either silicon spray or white lithium grease spray. Preferably WLG.

·
Registered
6 Posts
WD40 STINKS

wd40 IS NOT A LUBRICANT IN THE REAL WORLD. PB Blaster is the best one on the market. Ask anyone that works on cars & they will tell you the same. ZEP product is the other brand that has a professional grade lube. ZEP only sells to garages ... Try PB BLASTER or W.L.G

1 - 3 of 3 Posts