Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the update notification and completed it. Now I'm on B.1.0.26, but can't find any info about it online.

·
Super Moderator
1,175 Posts
The following threads were updated with information on software version B.1.0.26:

2018 Honda Odyssey Over the Air System Updates

2019 Honda Odyssey Over the Air System Updates

2020 Honda Odyssey Over the Air System Updates

·
Registered
7 Posts
One “enhancement” that I very much appreciate with this update - you can now turn off the RES in the sound zone settings. No longer do you need to switch to the RES to turn it off to unlock the rear speaker zone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yep and when it asks if you want to turn it off and you do, it switches to full vehicle audio automatically! Not sure where the intuition was with the previous builds... Honda NA needs to get it together and staff correctly
One “enhancement” that I very much appreciate with this update - you can now turn off the RES in the sound zone settings. No longer do you need to switch to the RES to turn it off to unlock the rear speaker zone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep and when it asks if you want to turn it off and you do, it switches to full vehicle audio automatically! Not sure where the intuition was with the previous builds... Honda NA needs to get it together and staff correctly
I wasn’t aware of the update until seeing this post. I love this new enhancement. Thanks for pointing it out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Has anyone in Canada received the update? I've tried USB and OTA and both say my system is up to date. Currently running version B.1.0.21

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's about time the car got an update! It been almost 9 months. I swear they just fill up the patches notes with random and duplicate items to make it sound like they fixed/updated a ton of things but its really very little.
  • Anti-theft screen displayed randomly.
  • Antitheft screen randomly is displayed.
or
  • Android Auto crashes after turning ignition ON/OFF while on a phone call.
  • Android Auto crashes after ignition OFF/ON when in a call.
I'm glad things got fixed, but it didn't need to be listed twice. They really need someone to clean up the patch notes (remove duplicates , organize it into groups to make it more readable). I was going to do it but didn't want to spend the time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wasn’t aware of the update until seeing this post. I love this new enhancement. Thanks for pointing it out.
I changed my mind. I’m extremely sorry I updated the system.

About 6 hours after making the update we are back to having a broken RES system, Front Headend Unit and clicking throughout the van’s audio system.

We knew it was a problem when the audio from the RES stopped playing through the headphones. When pressing the RES button on the front panel it just kept showing loading. Even after a factory reset.

As a result the van is back at the dealership. It had been working flawlessly for 4 weeks.

To date the dealer has followed Honda Techline’s advice and replaced both displays, and both wiring harnesses.

Does anyone have any ideas on additional things the dealer can try to get this issue resolved permanently?

Come Tuesday we’re going to be unable to get 3 kiddos (our 2 + their friend) to school in the loaner CR-V they gave us.

So....if I had the choice to do it again I wish I DID NOT perform the update. I’ll post back next week once the dealer has some ideas as well.

I’m 100% open to any ideas & feedback regarding skinny booster seats or a possible fix to restore functionality.

* Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I find honda canada pushes out the updates months after the us gets there’s. probably won’t see it until winter
Thanks vancitylove. Bought the van in May. This is the first update. Also hoping for a Garmin maps update soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Found a new issue:
When a Carplay device is plugged in, all other audio sources (FM/XM/etc) just say "Audio Cannot Be Used Right Now".

This used to work no problem on the previous version, and my wife is very angry about it. Has anyone else seen this or know how to get around it?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wait for it.. wait for it..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Works fine for me, have you tried rebooting? Plug a usb keyboard into the center console and hit control alt delete.... the person above who stopped getting audio, should try that too
Found a new issue:
When a Carplay device is plugged in, all other audio sources (FM/XM/etc) just say "Audio Cannot Be Used Right Now".

This used to work no problem on the previous version, and my wife is very angry about it. Has anyone else seen this or know how to get around it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Works fine for me, have you tried rebooting? Plug a usb keyboard into the center console and hit control alt delete.... the person above who stopped getting audio, should try that too
Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes I went back to the dealer, plugged in a keyboard and entered the control + alt + del command.

For a moment I had hope that I might have a work around.

Unfortunately once it finished booting up the clicking returned and the RES was still offline.

During the entire reboot the RES system DID NOT reboot.

If I had to guess it seems the harnesses / connectivity between the two screens are fried again.

Maybe the clicking on the audio system is the loop trying and failing to re-establish the connection.

Hopefully the dealer won’t give up and will figure out a way to fix this for us this week.

·
Registered
68 Posts
TSB 19-096 has the dealer tech pull fuse C37 for 10 minutes after updating the software. You will loose all of your settings. There also a note that if the fuse is not pulled, customer will still experience the same problem. See page 5 on the TSB. Not sure if this will correct the problem. Baffles me why they send a over the air update, and leave out a step the customer doesn't know of. Pilot owners complaining of the same problem.

UPDATE: Verified, that fixed the problem for the Pilot.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That is AWESOME news. We would be so happy to get the van back. Since tomorrow is a holiday I might go pull the fuse myself and get my van back.

Thank you MtMan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pulled the fuse, cleared the anti-theft warning on the radio and unfortunately the issue remained.

Hopefully the dealer will have better luck Tuesday.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good news...

The dealer was able to do a reset this morning and everything is back to normal.

I’m glad that’s all it took.

We’re very happy to have the Odyssey back again.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts