Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
One “enhancement” that I very much appreciate with this update - you can now turn off the RES in the sound zone settings. No longer do you need to switch to the RES to turn it off to unlock the rear speaker zone.
I did the update and did not see this option in the sound zone settings. I did not receive a pop up asking to turn off the RES either, and I made sure it was playing a dvd. Where are you seeing this option?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Has anyone in Canada received the update? I've tried USB and OTA and both say my system is up to date. Currently running version B.1.0.21
Like u I was running version 21 and throughout was being told I was up to date. Yesterday I got a prompt in Newfoundland for .26 and installed it in about 20 minutes. I do see that if your vehicle was in for service some dealers have a set up that downloads it to the vehicle hard drive automatically and then the owner simply has to install it. I was in for service yesterday so perhaps that’s what happened. I didn’t resort to wireless or USB

I do wonder if we missed versions 22 through 25.

8 pages of bug corrections if u look at the details. At least they’re trying. But like most software glitches the fix sometimes triggers new bugs. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
113 Posts
Like u I was running version 21 and throughout was being told I was up to date. Yesterday I got a prompt in Newfoundland for .26 and installed it in about 20 minutes. I do see that if your vehicle was in for service some dealers have a set up that downloads it to the vehicle hard drive automatically and then the owner simply has to install it. I was in for service yesterday so perhaps that’s what happened. I didn’t resort to wireless or USB

I do wonder if we missed versions 22 through 25.

8 pages of bug corrections if u look at the details. At least they’re trying. But like most software glitches the fix sometimes triggers new bugs. Fingers crossed
I prefer updating via USB rather than wifi. Tried doing the USB this morning. Keep getting an "Error - please try again" message. I'll try again later.

It seems the units automatically connect to the dealer wifi when in range and download any updates, so that may have been how you got your update.

Pretty sure most software companies skip version numbers in their final releases. I think they hold them back for one larger release instead of multiple small ones.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did the update and did not see this option in the sound zone settings. I did not receive a pop up asking to turn off the RES either, and I made sure it was playing a dvd. Where are you seeing this option?
I didnt update yep, and maybe I wouldn't, but in the version I have I have this, don't know if is related.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm on the newest update as of 3 weeks ago.

I'm up to 39 RES failures in the 13 months we've owned our van.

Last week, the "service liason" at our dealership said "fixes are being rolled out. The Pilots are being taken care of first." He said that Honda has been mailing USB drives to the service centers with updated software on them. Could be complete BS, who knows.

This week, our RES displayed two new errors... "No audio connection for FM" and "Unforunately, com.honda.tuner has stopped". These froze up the entire infotainment system until the van was shut off and restarted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Am i missing something? I go to check for updates and it says I am current. I bought the van 4 months ago, but it looks like an update has been released.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Should I update to this version? Just got a 2019 Touring and the update came up. Is there any issue with this version?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
856 Posts
You can see the list of all the bugs it’s supposed to fix at the top of this forum. I have to say though that one of the bugs it addresses has to do with the Res. I’ve used mine without any of the issues other owners report for two years.

Did this update and it’s now crashing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Installed the B.1.0.26 update on August 31 without issue.

Honda listed the following "enhancement" (claimed bug fix):
 Incompatible device error message in USB audio.

I am still seeing the USB stick recognized about 50% of the time. The remainder reports the USB stick is incompatible. So this bug appears to remain.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I didnt update yep, and maybe I wouldn't, but in the version I have I have this, don't know if is related.

Thank you for the info...I got around to exploring the sound options the other day and found exactly what you posted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you for the info...I got around to exploring the sound options the other day and found exactly what you posted.
That's the reason I don't understand, because that is already there, so maybe they move or copy to another settings, but that is actually already there.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
20 Participants
jabe
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing