Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this unit on E-bay and thought some of you mught be interested. I emailed the seller who said there is a universal mount for it and they expect to have an Odyssey-specific mount in about 3 months. The E-bay URL is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=593245706

------------------
'99 MB EX, Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Cargo Mat, Leather Steering wrap,
Cassette deck, Cross bars, floor mats, custom carpet

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just as an FYI, but my brother just picked up a "special" entertainment system at Fry's here in the SF Bay Area (San Jose). It is the Clarion 6.4" screen with a universal drop down mount and the Blaupunkt DVD (Double DIN) for only $699!!!! I have seen it and it is nice. It is a special combo package. The DVD has all the features including wireless remote and headphone jacks. If there are any Bay Area members who want it go to Fry's. If your not in the Bay Area or next to a Fry's and want one I can pick itup for you and ship it (only for my fellow Odyssey owners!)
David

·
Registered
92 Posts
Clarion has two universal overhead displays, OHM-641 and OHM-642. The OHM-642 has dome lights and infrared transmitter for wireless headphones. I have the OHM-641 installed in my odyssey.

The Clarion mount is low profile and when the monitor is down it does not block the rear view mirror sight line. This can't be said of all overhead displays.

I will be updating my Clarion display for 8" or > 16:9 display very soon.

[This message has been edited by VideoNavi (edited 07-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by VideoNavi (edited 07-18-2001).]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm curious, I've been considering the OHM642 for a while now. Could you provide more details on your OHM641 install? Did you do it yourself? How difficult was it, and do you have any instructions? Do you have any photos you could upload? How do you update the display in these? (didn't know that was possible). Is there a headphone jack on the unit? Is it single or dual A/V input? Thanks.

------------------
'99 MB EX, Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Cargo Mat, Leather Steering wrap,
Cassette deck, Cross bars, floor mats, custom carpet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts