Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just picked up our '01 SS EX on Saturday and our owners manual and other info was given to us in a ziploc bag. This may be trivial, but shouldn't we have gotten at least a cheap vinyl folder to put this stuff in the glove compartment? I know this is no luxury car, but $27K isn't peanuts!

------------------
Susan
'01 SS EX, cargo tray
'96 Grand Cherokee
'89 Accord LXi
'89 Kawasaki ZX600R

·
Registered
122 Posts
Honda dealers are the worst! You are lucky you got a bag. I did not even get a chep plastic key ring! With my lexus I got Leather binder, brass key rings, quality license frame. When I bought my Tahoe I received a Tahoe travel kit in the mail. It had a Mag Light and heavy duty coffee mug. This is the third honda I have bought and all three dealers have been horrible to deal with in every way. If The other manufacturers keep improving their product and service Honda will start to loose sales. It their van was not so superior I would have told the rude Honda dealers to stuff it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Wow,

Actually I did end up getting a vinyl bag/folder AND a plastic key ring (with the dealer's business info of course). But a Ziploc Bag? that takes the cake!

Druce
'01 GG EX
Mudflaps, Fog Lights

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also received the quality zip lock bag. I thought that was pretty outstanding as well. Our last Honda didn't even come with the zip lock bag so I guess you really do get something for that extra 10 grand.

Of course I'm sure you got the dealers added items like cheap/ugly license plate frames, or maybe a dealer advertising sticker applied to the rear of the vehicle on some painted surface.

Why do people keep the dealers advertising on their vehicles anyway? That's always the first thing to go when I get a car. Unless they are going to pay me a monthly royalty there's no way I'm going to be a rolling billboard for them.

Chomp

·
1,484 Posts
I don't see what so BAD about getting the "zip lock bag". I mean...that sucker's air tight! Why, you could probably put your manual in the freezer for years and I bet you it won't get freezer burn!

-nemogira

P.S. Plastic ROCKS!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chompers:
I also received the quality zip lock bag. I thought that was pretty outstanding as well. Our last Honda didn't even come with the zip lock bag so I guess you really do get something for that extra 10 grand.

Of course I'm sure you got the dealers added items like cheap/ugly license plate frames, or maybe a dealer advertising sticker applied to the rear of the vehicle on some painted surface.

Why do people keep the dealers advertising on their vehicles anyway? That's always the first thing to go when I get a car. Unless they are going to pay me a monthly royalty there's no way I'm going to be a rolling billboard for them.

Chomp
</font>
Amen!! ....and I really like my dealer, but any ads I do for him are word of mouth, not billboard.

------------------
Chuck
'01 MB EX-NAV Pics and Projects

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Also got the " sandwich bag" for the manual.
But you know what ? I don't really care much. Just as long as I have the manual and the great van,that's all that matters. Vinyl/leather cases are pure cosmetic. The manual is kept 90% of the time in your glove box anyway.
I like my dealer, but like some said, why advertise for free ? License plate frames came off the day after we got our van.

------------------
Rob/'01 GG LX

[This message has been edited by hachiroku (edited 04-25-2001).]

·
Registered
153 Posts
For less than $10 you can get a really nice glove box organizer embroidered with the Honda "H" from HandA. Check the Merchandise section of the website. (We also picked up the trunk organizer.)

I agree it would be a nice throw-in for dealers.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Here ya go! These are from HandA.

Glove Box Organizer $9.59

Trunk Organizer $16.79

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
103 Posts
I received my honda manual in a plastic zip lock bag also. It bothered me at first that I dished out all this cash and I get a plastic bag for my money. I got over it quickly though, besides the manual just sits in the glove box anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts