Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little assistance here, 3 years ago I replace all the spark plugs, I have replaced my ERG last year, just replaced my Cat with Magna Flow from Auto zone, I have had the P0420 code reset twice and it continues to come on. If I am getting this reading still could the sensor be bad or would I get another code? How do I know which sensor to change?

Thanks

2000 Honda Odyssey
145,000 Miles

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I am sorry to say but you should have replaced it with OEM converter. After market converter will start giving you P0420 back in 6 to 12 months.

If there is a warranty on it from Auto Zone, go and complain.

- Vikas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the cat is not even 1 week old and does not even have 100 miles on it. Yes it has a 5 year warranty on it... one thing I did not do is replace the Oxygen sensors, will I get the same code if the sensors are bad? which one is best to replace.

I am sorry to say but you should have replaced it with OEM converter. After market converter will start giving you P0420 back in 6 to 12 months.

If there is a warranty on it from Auto Zone, go and complain.

- Vikas

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
If the O2 sensors are bad, you will get a different code for those sensors.

Do you still have your old OEM converter intact or you had to destroy it to remove it? If you still have it, return the new one and get your money back.

Then clean the old converter. I need to hunt for the URL showing how to clean the converter.

There are different ways to skin this "cat" but buying an aftermarket converter is NOT the way to do it!

- Vikas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the O2 sensors are bad, you will get a different code for those sensors.

Do you still have your old OEM converter intact or you had to destroy it to remove it? If you still have it, return the new one and get your money back.

Then clean the old converter. I need to hunt for the URL showing how to clean the converter.

There are different ways to skin this "cat" but buying an aftermarket converter is NOT the way to do it!

- Vikas
If you have the link that would be good I still have the old cat, in good shape

1 - 6 of 6 Posts