Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 EX-L, 94k miles. No issues at all, just did 3x tranny flush 500mi ago. Went on trip to beach, performed great. Wife took it to get daughter a haircut and the CEL came on. No symptoms of any kind, ran smooth as usual. I ran it out to get codes pulled at Autozone, and it drove perfect for me as well, except for no ECO mode kicking in which I assume is because the CEL is on. Why would cylinder 2 have no code but the other 5 do? Plugs have never been changed. Not sure what to check first or should I just take it to a shop. I am very mechanical and can change a timing belt/chain, so I'm not afraid to get dirty, I didn't know if there were any common failures to check. I didn't find anything specific while searching and this is my first Honda I ever owned and have only had it for about 10k miles.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I had the same problem and it was a faulty oxygen sensor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which sensor was it? I was told there are 4 and they are each around $100 :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up pulling the positive and negative cables from the battery, held them together for about 15 seconds, left off for an additional 5 mins, reconnected and cranked it back up. Never had a problem since and it has passed its annual inspection since as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts