Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This indicates a misfire in cylinder #3.
Does this actually mean the 3rd cylinder in the firing order,which is physical cylinder #2, or actual physical cylinder #3 ?
I only rarely get this and usually when the ambient temp is around 0F upon initial start up .Idle is smooth and steady within a sec or two.
I also get a P1399 code more often when the temps drop to around 32F or lower.
Both codes showed up yesterday. P1399 as a pending code and P0303 as a trouble code which turned on the check engine light. Both reset with my Ultra-gauge.
Still smooth idle and no change in mpg that I can notice.
Thanks,
Buffalo4

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
You got to muzzle it :) j/k

p0303 is physical cylinder number three, facing the engine back bank rightmost cylinder.
How many miles? What maintenance done?
Typical suspects are plug/coil/fuel injector/valve out of adjustment.
These old ones also had issues with EGR carbon build up

·
Registered
243 Posts
had the egr intake port carbon up a couple times on my old 2001.
take the intake off use a drill bit to clean the port. worked like a charm.
couple DIY videos on youtube about it.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You got to muzzle it :) j/k

p0303 is physical cylinder number three, facing the engine back bank rightmost cylinder.
How many miles? What maintenance done?
Typical suspects are plug/coil/fuel injector/valve out of adjustment.
These old ones also had issues with EGR carbon build up
Just checking because I saw where it meant the 3rd cylinder in the firing order. so, that 's why i asked.
Thanks,
Buffalo

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had the egr intake port carbon up a couple times on my old 2001.
take the intake off use a drill bit to clean the port. worked like a charm.
couple DIY videos on youtube about it.
I only get that 1399 code when the ambient temp is around 32F or colder.
Same with you?
Thanks,
Buffalo4

·
Registered
1 Posts
My '03 started running rough and displayed the flashing engine light and then the TCS lamp came on. Codes read: P301, P303, P304 and P1399. All posts seem to point to coil pack or EGR. I've had several coil packs replaced and do not recall the TCS lamp lighting-up previously. Any words of wisdom?

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The TCS light can come on for MANY different reasons, including misfires. Take care of the misfire problem first, which could just be a bad coil pack or a loose spark plug (many times Cyl # 5 , front center) which can burn out the coil.
Do the 'coil drop' test to try to figure out if a particular coil is bad. Hopefully that is all it is.
If it is also shifting rough or strange, more investigating is warranted. All you codes have to do mainly with ignition type problems or possibly a valve lash adj problem or even an EGR problem.

When they replaced some coil packs previously, did they use Denso or OEM coil packs?
Buffalo4

·
Registered
8,546 Posts
The TCS light can come on for MANY different reasons, including misfires.
Yep, it means only that your TCS has been disabled by the computer due to a powertrain fault.

Follow the codes to find the problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts