Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,

2002 Ody @51000 miles started CEL and TCS light. OBD2 scanner says it is P0505 (IAC system). But RPM is up and down indicating gas surging- hiniting EGR problem.

Has anyone experienced this? Please advise me which way I have to tackle. If EGR, I will have dealer fixed under warranty; if IAC, I can fix it.

BTW, attempt to clean IAC thru hole in the intake barrel did not help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bring it to dealer

Hoping that P0505 is covered by extended CA warrranty, I took Ody to the local dealer. They replaced IAC valve.
Hope that will fix it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I need help here. I have been working on my 1999 odyssey with code 0505 with revving idle. I pulled tge throttle body and cleaned all the carbon build up and replaced the gasket. I checked for vacuum leaks my boot had ripped and replaced it. I replaced the iat . checked the vacuum lines. No leaks everything is working. I thought everything was good took it for a drive was running perfect. Next morning it went back to a revving idle in neutral and park. When put in gear it brings the idle to normal. No stalls.
I checked the fuel trim and o2 sensors and decided to replace my upstream one. It seem in line but still revving. I checked the iat valve on the intake manifold and seems to be running rich. Gets oil all over tge sensor quickly. I cleaned the nap sensor. I did the finger over the throtle body first hole. And it stalls when I do. Can anyone help.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You didn't mention disconnecting power to put it through relearning to deal with cleaned and repaired TB. And relearn is not instantaneous.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did not know, I have to kill the power to put in relearning more. Thank you I will try that. I had cleared the mil. And pulled the fuse. I must of go it confused with that step and holding it at 3000 rpm test. Thanks I will give. It a try, and keep you appraised of. The situation.

·
Registered
185 Posts
"And pulled the fuse." If it was the right fuse, it could have cleared the adaptive memory.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If I am correct it was the one the shop manual had informed me to do. About erasing mil and pending generic. So if it through a new mil after the repair I would not get it confused with old ones.

It was under the passenger foot kick,plate cannot remember the number right at this moment.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry it took awhile, well Ted I disconnected the battery drained the extra. Power by leaving the light on waited an hour. Found my negative cable was loose tighten it up. Started van. Everything was fine no warning lights let it warm up. Took it for a ride with my obii tester in live mode. Had my

·
Registered
24 Posts
Everything working fine then6 blocks then. 2nd gear it missed keep not wanted to go into until a couple of revs letting. The rpms settle to 1000 then it would engage second gear. Then after about 2 stop lights the check engine light came on with p505 again and I checked the freeze date.
0830201504b.jpg
0830201504a.jpg
0830201504.jpg
0830201504b.jpg
0830201504a.jpg
0830201504.jpg
0830201504b.jpg
0830201504a.jpg
0830201504.jpg
0830201504.jpg
0830201504a.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well Ted, I cannot thank you for answering and trying to help me through this issue.

After all of this I decided to take it to the honda dealer to see what his device will tell him. I was informed the mechanic working on it had 35 years experience with honda. It was racking his brain for awhile. Hour and half later he found out what was wrong with it.

" THE ANSWER WAS : The TP sensor and all sensors were working. But the throttle body flap was not closing all the way. The sensor was telling it to close but the macnics of it would not. Leaving it partially open causing the rich and lean problem. Causeing the reving problem.

So I need to replace the trottle body. I picked one up at the wrecking yard.
Cleaned it up. It still had the iat vavle on it after cleaning it up the gasket was sticking out and notice it broke.

I going to install it now. I will let you know what happens. Thanks for helping.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You didn't mention disconnecting power to put it through relearning to deal with cleaned and repaired TB. And relearn is not instantaneous.
302, member: 3796"]
"And pulled the fuse." If it was the right fuse, it could have cleared the adaptive memory.
[/QUO
"And pulled the fuse." If it was the right fuse,

Ted I test drive the odyessy it was the throttle body. The rev is gone. Now I have a new problem. I finished changeing my black tranny fluid. It took 9 quarts so far. Now it is full pink and warm.

I drove it it had a delay in shifting. Then between the delay it would sometimes not go into gear and rev. I have to let it come back down to idle. Then it would engage, then on my way back home from going up hill it lost its gears altogether I stopped put in first and after not engaeing the first gear and rec. It finally did it. Went ten feet to turn across traffic. And it would not go into gear at all all gears but reverse would not work. And reverse would clunk hard when it engaged. Then I decided to turn off the enginge and restart and the second time I got the 1st gear back. Any ideas why? I know the gears are there I have had them working earlier throught the rev idle problem at certain times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts