Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just completed replacing the V-TEC solenoid filter/gasket on my 2002 Odyssey, which required that I disconnect and reconnect the wire running from the solenoid (down by the oil filter) up to the top back of the engine. I've verified that the connection between the two plugs is tight, but I'm now getting a P1259.

Since the P1259 didn't exist before I unplugged it to change the gasket, I'm wondering what might be causing the code. I did also replace the oil pressure switch, but I don't know whether that matters.

Any ideas?
Thanks for your help,
John

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to clarify, since I see this question elsewhere: Since I also resealed the oil pan, the oil level is full with fresh oil.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Sorry for the generic answer, but

Sometimes just disconnecting things, depending on temperature, will create a code. So first thing is to clear the code and see if it comes back.

If that's not it, I'd consider the possibility that a brittle old wire was cracked during the replacement work.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm getting ready to do the same repairs on my 2003. Can you provide some additional insights?

How did you "reseal" the oil pan?

From where did you do the repairs... underneath the van... or from the right-front wheel well? Which location?

How many bolts are there holding the "Valve Assembly, Spool" to the engine... 2... 3?

What's the torque spec for the bolts?

Thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts