Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a code p1738 on 2000 odyssey ex with 132k miles During all the search I read lot of forums and post and now I know it is becuase of 2nd gear pressure switch circuit error....

I did not find the way to see where exactly this switch located and process how to replace it and also need to know that how to test it so I can make sure it is bad before ordering new one....any picture and how to?

Any help or pointing towards any solution will be appreciated...

I just feel a little jerk from 1 to 2 gear shift specially up shift sometimes down shift , No CEL or TCS or blinking D4. Van drives and shift the rest gears with no issue

Thanks

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
See the attached scans as requested...

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I am going to just replace the switch I don't want to mess up with PCM. Should I go with OEM swicth or any recommendation ? Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are certain the switch is faulty (circuit is fine) then I'd recommend OEM.
I hope that switch is bad circuit is okay usually those connectors rarely sees any issue any ways I will try to replace the switch and see if the code go away ....
Also id these any procedure listed how to remove that pressure switch?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did not able to locate the 2nd clutch pressure switch....

anyways any body know the procedure how to take this switch off?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to find this part (2nd clutch pressure switch), and try as I might, I can't find it for my 2001 Odyssey. Do I need to look somewhere other than autozone? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
6,076 Posts

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
The 2nd gear pressure switch is accessed by removing the battery.

The 3rd gear pressure switch is accessed from the bottom of the van.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think the 2nd pressure switch is located below the intake area (about 8 inches to the left of the ATF filler bolt). 2ndPressure.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts