Honda Odyssey Forum banner

P219A/B code

336 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  HondaGoBrrr
Got a flashing MIL last week, turned solid this week, read codes and got a P219B. Brought it to Honda dealer today, an hour later he called and told me the engine needed new fuel injectors. All 6! At 55k miles, he said the injectors were only warranted for 30k, not part of the power train or the emission system so they were not covered. $900 plus an inspection charge and misc- it will be over $1000. I can't believe that Honda has had this problem for a few years, has service bulletins and warranty extensions for other years and models but doesn't cover this for '19 Odyssey. I'm not a fan of extended warranties, but we bought one for the computer system and I'm thankful that this will be covered under that policy. But Honda- you can do better than that! I've driven previous Ody's to 200k, rebuilt one transmission at 125k, I can see that- I'm changing trans oils when needed. But this injector problem not warranted is ridiculous!!!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Got a flashing MIL last week, turned solid this week, read codes and got a P219B. Brought it to Honda dealer today, an hour later he called and told me the engine needed new fuel injectors. All 6! At 55k miles, he said the injectors were only warranted for 30k, not part of the power train or the emission system so they were not covered. $900 plus an inspection charge and misc- it will be over $1000. I can't believe that Honda has had this problem for a few years, has service bulletins and warranty extensions for other years and models but doesn't cover this for '19 Odyssey. I'm not a fan of extended warranties, but we bought one for the computer system and I'm thankful that this will be covered under that policy. But Honda- you can do better than that! I've driven previous Ody's to 200k, rebuilt one transmission at 125k, I can see that- I'm changing trans oils when needed. But this injector problem not warranted is ridiculous!!!
I attached a bulletin from Honda Engineering. This is a known issue and they are likely going to come out with a fix for it, hopefully will end up being covered under warranty but only time will tell.

Edit: The part numbers used for the injectors for 2018/2019 Odysseys are the same so by that metric even though the bulletin is not asking for 2019 models, it should fall under the same bulletin, even if Honda hasn't officially published it yet.

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That person is misleading I have a 2018 that went in a couple months ago for the exact same fuel injector error
Person is right- because I called Honda Care and they told me it did cover 2018, but NOT 2019. I could put in for hardship and maybe they would consider it, but no warranty relief for 2019.

Update- I sent a 'how was your visit to our service dept today?' response to the dealership making them aware of the above-mentioned service bulletin. Service manager called me back and told me that yes- there is that service bulletin for 2019 Odyssey, but my VIN is not included in that warranty extension. I am going to respond to Honda Care with my situation and ask why it's not there. Service bulletin 21-010 says I'm covered but VIN number says no. I'm not asking for a refund- the above post explains that I was covered by a second-party warranty to 150k. But Honda has got to do the right thing for its customers. Maybe I'll get a free trans oil change for my efforts??? Nah!!!!!

1 06160-RLV-305 Fuel Injector Kit $525.00
Labor $375.00

· Registered
30 Posts
Person is right- because I called Honda Care and they told me it did cover 2018, but NOT 2019. I could put in for hardship and maybe they would consider it, but no warranty relief for 2019.
I would push for a goodwill consideration from the dealer themselves if Honda corporate are going to be snobs about the fine print of the bulletin. Edited my first post to include a screenshot of my parts catalog with parts number compatibility. It says right there that all 2018 models use the same part number as all 2019 models.

Another edit: Updated bulletin appears to cover 2019 Odyssey, attached link, it's on this site already. http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/A21-010.PDF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts