Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Honda Odyssey
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my '06 EX-L started an engine light and VSA light. Scanned the code and it came up with P2646. I replaced the VTEC solenoid gasket set, both the one with the screen and the one inside the solenoid. Reset the code and went for a drive and the code came back again. I did an oil change since I had crappy Walmart oil and a Fram filter on it. I also took the VVT Oil Control Valve off the solenoid and cleaned it out. I reset the code again and went for a drive. Everything was fine for a good 30 minutes of the drive. ECO mode seemed to be working fine. Then the code and VSA came back again. So I believe my next step is going to have to be replacing the VVT Oil Control Valve which I found as Dorman 918-056 or Honda 37260-PZA-003.

I've read through the posts with similar issues. Just posting here so others with this issue can see what I did to troubleshoot the problem and allow for input on other possible solutions. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Odyssey
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I reset the code again and it hasn't come back on in a few days. I'm wondering if I just had some sludge or something causing problems. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Odyssey
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Code is back and a lot more often than before. So I'm pretty sure the vtec solenoid is bad. I'm looking to replace this van since it has 230,000 miles and I don't want to put much more money into it.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Odyssey
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I haven't found a replacement van and the issue on this one is getting worse. I'm thinking next step is the vvt oil pressure solenoid. Anyone have experience with this code and a positive result from repair?

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
The part number you posted above is just the oil pressure switch on the valve. Generally, this code is caused by low oil level, low oil pressure, dirty engine and/or engine oil, rocker arm oil pressure switch, or oil pressure solenoid. If the engine oil is clean and fresh, with a good quality filter (I use an OEM Honda filter when this code pops up, just to rule out variables of other filters) then it's likely dirty oil, dirty engine or a bad pressure switch or solenoid. It takes some special equipment to determine whether it's the solenoid or the pressure switch and most mechanics change the whole valve anyway so I'd just put a new valve assembly on it.

The part number for the whole valve is 15810-RKB-J01

The bad news is that part is over $500 from Honda.

You can get one from Wells (WVE) on RockAuto for half of that:

·
Registered
29 Posts
[QUOTE = "JRay1982, должность: 2374427, участник: 995623"]
Таким образом, я не нашел сменный фургон, и проблема на этом ухудшается. Я думаю, что следующий шаг - соленоид давления масла vvt. У кого-нибудь есть опыт работы с этим кодом и положительный результат от ремонта?
[/ QUOTE]
37260-PZA-003 SENSOR, OIL PRESSURE

·
Registered
29 Posts
[QUOTE = "JRay1982, должность: 2369867, участник: 995623"]
Таким образом, мой '06 EX-L запустил свет двигателя и свет VSA. Сканировал код, и он пришел с P2646. Я заменил комплект прокладок соленоида VTEC, как с экраном, так и внутри соленоида. Сбросил код и поехал кататься и код вернулся снова. Я сделал замену масла, так как у меня было дрянное масло Walmart и фильтр Фрама на нем. Я также снял масляный клапан VVT с соленоида и вычистил его. Я снова сбросил код и поехал кататься. Все было хорошо для хороших 30 минут езды. Режим ECO, похоже, работает нормально. Затем код и VSA вернулись снова. Поэтому я считаю, что моим следующим шагом будет замена масляного регулирующего клапана VVT, который я нашел как Dorman 918-056 или Honda 37260-PZA-003.

Я прочитал сообщения с похожими проблемами. Просто разместив здесь сообщение, чтобы другие пользователи, имеющие эту проблему, могли увидеть, что я сделал для ее устранения, и учесть другие возможные решения. Спасибо за чтение.
[/ QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Sorry, I can't read what you post!

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
I already gave the info you need above. Replace the entire valve and replace it with a good quality part. Dorman is NOT a good quality valve and will give you future problems. Buy one from Honda.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Odyssey
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I already gave the info you need above. Replace the entire valve and replace it with a good quality part. Dorman is NOT a good quality valve and will give you future problems. Buy one from Honda.
I'm going to replace this van in the next month and it has 230,000 miles on it, so I'm not looking to spend a lot of money on it. Just the oil pressure switch from Honda was $278. I got it from NAPA for $180. Installed it and no more engine light or code. I am still getting a pending fault for low voltage on bank 2 o2 sensor so I'll wait and see where that goes.

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
I'm going to replace this van in the next month and it has 230,000 miles on it, so I'm not looking to spend a lot of money on it. Just the oil pressure switch from Honda was $278. I got it from NAPA for $180. Installed it and no more engine light or code. I am still getting a pending fault for low voltage on bank 2 o2 sensor so I'll wait and see where that goes.
Are you saying you put the Dorman valve assembly on it? I was just helping a guy in another thread here yesterday who installed a Dorman valve assembly. It worked for only a month or two before it failed, sending him on a wild goose chase because he thought his valve was new so the problem couldn't be the new valve. Turned out it was the new valve. Dorman is junk. It may work OK for a while, it may not.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Odyssey
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you saying you put the Dorman valve assembly on it? I was just helping a guy in another thread here yesterday who installed a Dorman valve assembly. It worked for only a month or two before it failed, sending him on a wild goose chase because he thought his valve was new so the problem couldn't be the new valve. Turned out it was the new valve. Dorman is junk. It may work OK for a while, it may not.
I put the NAPA part on which, yes, I think is made by Dorman. I don't really care if it only lasts a month as I am replacing the van. When I trade it in it won't matter and if I sell it to a private party I always turn over all my maintenance receipts and I keep a spreadsheet with all my maintenance/mileage/date, so the new owner will be aware of what they are getting.

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
I guess we'll see the new owner here when it fails.

Just word to the wise to those who are fixing and keeping their vehicles...don't use Dorman.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Odyssey
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess we'll see the new owner here when it fails.

Just word to the wise to those who are fixing and keeping their vehicles...don't use Dorman.
Like I said, maintenance records will be passed along. I'm not spending $278 on a switch or $669 for the whole assembly from the dealer when the van has 230,000 miles and I'm getting rid of the van within the month. So sure, it might fail, it might not but leave it alone now. It's each vehicle owners choice what parts they use on their vehicle and it's perfectly reasonable to use less expensive parts given a high mileage vehicle on it's way out.

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
You can use whatever you want. I just don't want everyone else thinking a Dorman electrical part is a good option for repairing their vehicle. It's not. To make it work and then pawn it off on someone else, yeah it may work for that. There are other options out there for less expensive valves. Wells (WVE) makes one that would be a better option than one made by Dorman. If you want it fixed right, though, use an OE valve.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Odyssey
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can use whatever you want. I just don't want everyone else thinking a Dorman electrical part is a good option for repairing their vehicle. It's not. To make it work and then pawn it off on someone else, yeah it may work for that. There are other options out there for less expensive valves. Wells (WVE) makes one that would be a better option than one made by Dorman. If you want it fixed right, though, use an OE valve.
You've made it perfectly clear just like I've made it perfectly clear that I'm not looking to put a cheap part in and then "pawn it off" on someone. Can we leave it alone now and stop filling my thread with this useless back and forth?

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
This is the thread that was a guy's wild goose chase the last few days due to a Dorman valve that I told him to replace as soon as he mentioned he'd replaced it with Dorman. We did all kinds of troubleshooting and he finally removed it and exchanged it for another one and fixed the problem. It had all kinds of problems and I was trying to help him test it to confirm but he finally just exchanged it as I initially suggested and will now be returning the Dorman and replacing it with a Honda valve as soon as he can. It's an older thread that someone else started so you need to start at the recent posts.

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
You've made it perfectly clear just like I've made it perfectly clear that I'm not looking to put a cheap part in and then "pawn it off" on someone. Can we leave it alone now and stop filling my thread with this useless back and forth?
I can fill a thread with whatever I want as long as it's on topic and doesn't violate any terms and conditions. So can you. Others who search for issues read this and it helps for people to know don't rely on Dorman parts if it can be avoided.

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
Besides, my first reply to this thread today wasn't even to you. It was to the Russian guy who posted his issue in this thread. He was also looking at a Dorman part. Avoid if at all possible..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts