Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Ody and the codes P300-306, 1456, and 1399 are coming up. The van just started running rough a week ago. I don't think this could have caused the problem, but I went 20 feet with my parking brake on. Just thought I would mention that just incase it might have caused it. I changed the spark plugs but the problem is still there. How could all six cylinders be misfiring at once? I don't think it would be the coils since it is all six. I thought it might be the distributer cap or rotor until I found out it does not have them. Any suggestions on the problem?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Elang,

Don't worry about the parking brake issue - it's not related to the problem you are having.

Search up coil issues. You'll find some good treads with suggestions about how to isolate a bad coil. (I think there was an active thread just a few days ago.)

I understand the confusion associated with getting codes thrown that indicate misfires on multiple cylinders, but in actuality that is NOT inconsistent with a single coil being bad.

That is, it could very well be a single bad coil.

You say you changed the plugs in an attempt to cure the problem. Out of curiosity, what new plugs did you put in?

Best of luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mem, thanks for the information, it was a bad coil. I should have figured it out when we pulled the plugs and one of them was wet from gas. The van runs great now. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts