Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our (new to us) 06 threw a p301-306 code within a day of us bringing it home, turns out it did the same about 3000 miles ago. The service department is saying bas gas is the cause (12 percent ethanol) I am having a bit of trouble with this as the previous owner of the van was maticulus with service and I would venture a guess (though I dont know for sure) that had he been told the gas was bad once, he would change gas. Any other ideas as to causes? The van is runniing smoothly so the dealer ruled out ignition coils and does not see how all 6 injectors could go bad at once. I am just having trovble swallowing the bad gas theory as it seems to me all the vans would have the same issue because 12 perc. ethanol gas is everywhere. Any ideas would be great.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Had this recently with no observable symptoms (of course my WIFE was driving when the code tripped, so.....).

After pulling all the plugs for a look at them and the coils, that looked fine, so I figured I needed a valve adjustment. Started in on that and found a disconnected vacuum line from the intake tube to the fuel pressure regulator. Aborted the valve mission, reconnected everything, cleared the code and I've been good for about a month.

Dunno if the hose came loose by itself or if some dumb oaf left it off during previous service.

Did I mention that only I touch this van under the hood?....... :stupid:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how bout that, my wife was driving too and you know how bad it can be when cars go bad. Ill check the vacuum line, makes sense since its the second time it happened in 3000 miles. I will dive into the vac line issue, do you have a pic or illustration of where in the engine bay you found it?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Sorry I forgot to recheck the thread.

Back side of the black air intake tube. Downstream of the filter, but upstream of the throttle body.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts