Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chuck, did you ever find a circuit that came on in the accessory position (I) of the ignition switch?

The circuits I tapped into were either always on, or else came on only in the "run" position (II) of the ignition switch. Apparently the fuse boxes are upstream of the switches. I needed the circuits to at least turn off when I turned the ignition off, for fear of running down the battery.

I ended up using the passenger and driver window circuits on the passenger side kick panel fuse box for my (1) radar detector and (2) CB power.

BTW, thanks for turning us on to this easy way to tap into the vehicle power!

------------------
2002 TW EX; Weathertechs; Splash; 4X Pioneer 1695's; Hella Supertone Horns.
2000 Honda CBR 929 RR

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sinbad:
Chuck, did you ever find a circuit that came on in the accessory position (I) of the ignition switch?

The circuits I tapped into were either always on, or else came on only in the "run" position (II) of the ignition switch. Apparently the fuse boxes are upstream of the switches. I needed the circuits to at least turn off when I turned the ignition off, for fear of running down the battery.

I ended up using the passenger and driver window circuits on the passenger side kick panel fuse box for my (1) radar detector and (2) CB power.

BTW, thanks for turning us on to this easy way to tap into the vehicle power!

</font>
I think the power mirror fuse behind the driver's kick panel will fill the bill for you. That's where I have the ECT mirror and radar detector wired.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sinbad or Chuck or anyone
Im in the same boat.Im hooking a VCR into our RES and need to find 2 wires.

One that is hot always-which I can find in either kick panel I suppose.
One that is hot only ignition is on in the run position.

Helm is out of the electrical manuals for a while, so Im on my own. Specifically-where did you tap into? What color was the wire? Any help would be appreciated. What big store chain might one find that Add a Circuit? If there is a spot in the fuse panel that I could use that Add a circuit for Hot only when Ignition on or are the fuses circuits always hot at the fuse panel?Thanks

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by blakeinhou:
Sinbad or Chuck or anyone
Im in the same boat.Im hooking a VCR into our RES and need to find 2 wires.

One that is hot always-which I can find in either kick panel I suppose.
One that is hot only ignition is on in the run position.

Helm is out of the electrical manuals for a while, so Im on my own. Specifically-where did you tap into? What color was the wire? Any help would be appreciated. What big store chain might one find that Add a Circuit? If there is a spot in the fuse panel that I could use that Add a circuit for Hot only when Ignition on or are the fuses circuits always hot at the fuse panel?Thanks
</font>
Are you sure you need power in run only? Most provide power in acc position also. The aforementioned power mirror fuse is good for that. (Driver's side kick fusebox)

For always hot, the power seat wiring on the pass side kick panel works well and is accessible.

KMart carries Add-A-Circuit around here.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blake, passenger side under-dash fuse panel: the "Accessory" fuse contacts are always on, so put one add-a-circuit in here. Any connection here may drain your battery if left on.

Most of the other fuse sockets I checked are on only when the Ignition switch is in the run position (position II), so put your other add-a-circuit here.

Add-a-circuit is made by Littlefuse, which has a monopoly, it seems, on the auto fuse market, and they should be available at any well-stocked auto parts store. Be sure you get the MINI FUSE version, for the small fuses on the Odyssey! Also it is easier if you remove the kick panel when installing the add-a-circuit.

------------------
2002 TW EX; Weathertechs; Splash; 4X Pioneer 1695's; Hella Supertone Horns; Hitch w/ Transmission & Power Steering Coolers; 2001 Five-spoke Alloy Wheels.
2000 Honda CBR 929 RR

·
Registered
205 Posts
You guys are DA MAN! Now if I can just get the van put back together from the dealer I can get that VCR put in.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sinbad,
I belive I found a fuse location that will work in Position I and also run but is not always hot. I dont have a manual in front of me, but it is the last one down on the drivers side fuse panel that is not underneath the small cover.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool. Go with it.

I ended up using the window circuits for driver and passenger window, because I wanted to use the passenger side fuse box, and this was the easiest way to install two add-a-circuits. The circuits come on in ignition switch position II and go off when I open the door to exit the Odyssey.

------------------
2002 TW EX; Weathertechs; Splash; 4X Pioneer 1695's; Hella Supertone Horns; Hitch w/ Transmission & Power Steering Coolers; 2001 Five-spoke Alloy Wheels.
2000 Honda CBR 929 RR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts