Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another St. Louis Forumite here. Thanks for the gouge on the STL area dealers (I guess Mungenast is the fave). We have our second child due in July so I was planning on buying an Odyssey while the interest rates are down. I just "invested $2,000 on a rebuilt tranny for our Ford Taurus wagon so I guess we'll be hanging on to it for at least another year.

I'd like to see Havasu Blue as well, Too bad Dark Emerald Blue isn't around any more (I've never seen one). I like Mesa Beige but I think that color is becoming "tired".

Ken W. - I'd love to see that '57 Bel Air someday. Our third car is a '79 Corvette but a '57 Chevy would be sweet.

------------------

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi, Neo.
MissouriOdDude says Havasu Blue might happen in January. If I see one and like it, I guess I'll have to cancel my order. I've got a GG EX-L due in late Februrary (ordered it 2 weeks ago from Munganast). MSRP + $440 dest. +$60 paperwork. I tried for better, but they know everyone else in town is "dolling" them up and inflating the sticker.

About the '57 Chevy. I'd like to see it too (in one piece that is). I've got it stripped down to a shell for a frame-on resto. It will be light peachy-salmon with ivory top and int. driven by a 383 stroker & a 700r4.

I've got a bro in Detroit (big time Auto engineer) who just finished a red '76 L-82. (Similar to your 'vette but with a flat rear window.) That thing is a blast to drive.

------------------
'91 Sentra SE-R
'57 Chevy Belair Sport Coupe.
If at first you don't succeed...so much for skydiving.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a great color combo for the '57. If the TH350 in the 'Vette ever dies, I'm going to consider the 700R4 Swap. The lower first gear plus overdrive is something I need.

------------------

·
Registered
134 Posts
Neo,
In this case the 700r4 is replacing a leaky Powerglige with only one gear left. You probably already know about www.chevytalk.com , but if you haven't, check it out. There are better forums for Vettes, but the performance forums etc. are useful. Oh, by the way, good luck on your Odyssey hunt.

------------------
'91 Sentra SE-R
'57 Chevy Belair Sport Coupe.
If at first you don't succeed...so much for skydiving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts