Honda Odyssey Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
The new models of virtually every manufacturer usually come out September of the previous year, i.e. the 2020 models should be sitting here on the lots this month. The door tag will say "manufactured 8-2019” or something to that effect . This has been done all my 35 years of driving, and much, much earlier than that. If I had this experience, I would let the dealer know how mentally numb they are, are never give them a penny of my money.

+1 on the VIN telling the true model year
Your title will have the model year
Your insurance card will have the model year

And by all means follow the advice to do a review on them. They read those reviews, and many are concerned. A buddy of mine did that for a new Toyota Sienna he had some work done on. He received a call from the service manger only a few hours later. In a nice way, he told them to shove it, and be happy that he wasn't more blunt on his review lol

It's based on in-service date (date you bought the car new), regarding when your warranty starts, regardless what the door says. Find a new service advisor, yours doesn't know jack blankety blank.

It's based on in-service date (date you bought the car new), regarding when your warranty starts, regardless what the door says. Find a new service advisor, yours doesn't know jack blankety blank.
Yes.

And even if you no longer have your dealer paperwork, your vehicle title (at least here in CA) should have that date it was sold. Here in CA, it is listed as the "odometer date." That's the date your vehicle warranty begins. Dealer service paperwork since then probably also has that date or the date the warranty expires on it.

And agreeing also with the many posts above to look at the VIN for the model year.

It's based on in-service date (date you bought the car new), regarding when your warranty starts, regardless what the door says.
Yes.

And even if you no longer have your dealer paperwork, your vehicle title (at least here in CA) should have that date it was sold. Here in CA, it is listed as the "odometer date." That's the date your vehicle warranty begins. Dealer service paperwork since then probably also has that date or the date the warranty expires on it.

And agreeing also with the many posts above to look at the VIN for the model year.
If it's at the dealer, every dealer has access when the car was put into service. It's like a Honda database that all dealers have, and it should show up on the invoice anytime work is done at a Honda dealership. We bought our older 2008 Ody from someone and I took it in for service and it showed on the invoice the date car was "in-service." Honda owners should also have access to any work history performed at a Honda dealership from past trips to the dealer. Hope this helps!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.