Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that their are about six small bubbles under the clear coat on the passenger door. I didn't notice it when I bought the van, but it was probably there from the beginning.

I haven't taken it to the dealer yet, but I'm guessing the best I'll get is for them to re-shoot the top of the door. Does anyone have experience with this problem?

I have a buddy with a 2011 Mustang that got bubbles on the hood and roof under the clear coat as well....

·
Registered
174 Posts
I noticed that their are about six small bubbles under the clear coat on the passenger door. I didn't notice it when I bought the van, but it was probably there from the beginning.

I haven't taken it to the dealer yet, but I'm guessing the best I'll get is for them to re-shoot the top of the door. Does anyone have experience with this problem?

I have a buddy with a 2011 Mustang that got bubbles on the hood and roof under the clear coat as well....

Really difficult to see from the photo... looks like there was something on the panel before it was shot. I'd find it hard to believe that this wasn't really visible when the vehicle was picked up.... When did you buy it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought it in June of this year. I haggled for most of the day, then inspected that evening, but I was pretty tired and I'm sure I missed the problem. It's possible it occurred after I bought it, but I don't think so.

·
Registered
31 Posts
it looks like repaint job.

i don't see how honda could've missed that. check the door corners to make sure the car wasn't repainted from accident..

·
Registered
427 Posts
it looks like repaint job.

i don't see how honda could've missed that. check the door corners to make sure the car wasn't repainted from accident..
Agreed. Nothing surprises me anymore. There are new 2011 300C chryslers where the paint doesn't match on certain panels.. so go figure... Quality control just seems to be getting worse in recent years on all makes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The build quality/assembly detail on my 08 Honda CR-V is far superior to our 2011 Odyssey. The panel gaps and fit on the Odyssey are not even/flush in several places. I've looked at other 2011 Odyssey's and they almost all have issues.

I wonder if the quality control here in the states is worse than what is accepted when Honda manufactures vehicles in Japan. I think it is.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The build quality/assembly detail on my 08 Honda CR-V is far superior to our 2011 Odyssey. The panel gaps and fit on the Odyssey are not even/flush in several places. I've looked at other 2011 Odyssey's and they almost all have issues.

I wonder if the quality control here in the states is worse than what is accepted when Honda manufactures vehicles in Japan. I think it is.
Our '12 Ody is our fifth Honda in our family (not counting our parents).
1992 Accord LX
1996 Accord LX
1996 Accord EX-L
2006 Accord EX-L

Every year it seems that the quality goes down. Overall realibilty is still pretty good, but the fit and finish are a bit questionable.

I brought the Ody back to the dealer last week. The black plastic cover on the c pillar seems loose. They looked at it and said, it's like that from the factory and if you want to check out our new vans in stock and compare.... And sure enough they were all like that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Our '12 Ody is our fifth Honda in our family (not counting our parents).
1992 Accord LX
1996 Accord LX
1996 Accord EX-L
2006 Accord EX-L

Every year it seems that the quality goes down. Overall realibilty is still pretty good, but the fit and finish are a bit questionable.

I brought the Ody back to the dealer last week. The black plastic cover on the c pillar seems loose. They looked at it and said, it's like that from the factory and if you want to check out our new vans in stock and compare.... And sure enough they were all like that.

very true, this odyssey is my 6th honda in 6 years

98 Integra
05 civic
05 S2000
08 S2000 CR
09 Civic Hybrid
09 TSX Tech
12 Odyssey

There is big gap enough to insert quarter coin between front bumper and the fender near the headlight. my c-pillar on the driver door is somewhat loose and there was some gooly smeared glue on the hood as well.. i'm assuming the quality sux due to made in the states instead in japan like TSX and integra.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well, picked up my '12 EX-L today, and before I took it out into the snow, I looked it over VERY carefully based upon the issues in this thread. Absolutely no issues. The sales guy must have thought I was nuts, on my hands and knees looking at every panel, but I found only a few places on the hood which still had some residue from the protective film. Easily removed by the techs, and I was on my way. Of course, drove through a bunch of slush and caught a plow throw going int eh opposite direction (even though I was going the opposite direction in the slow lane). Unreal. Seems no worse for the wear. Hope things go a bit more smoothly from here!

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts