Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Paint peeling on my 2014 Odyssey

4902 16
I have spoken with Honda Motor Corp and they refuse to do anything about the obvious paint defect for White Pearl. Has anyone considered joing to file a class action lawsuit to receive compensation? A local body shop quoted $1,000.00 to make the repairs to my car. The paint is coming off in chunks on the driver's side passenger door.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
I have spoken with Honda Motor Corp and they refuse to do anything about the obvious paint defect for White Pearl. Has anyone considered joing to file a class action lawsuit to receive compensation? A local body shop quoted $1,000.00 to make the repairs to my car. The paint is coming off in chunks on the driver's side passenger door.
I have exactly the same issue with my white Odessey. Paint is chipping off on the driver's passenger door as well as the trunk door. There is no rust on my van at all and paint is coming off in huge pieces. I went to my local Honda dealer and they said they could not do anything. I am sooo mad.

· Registered
2 Posts
My white pearl paint (2014 Odyssey) started chipping about 6 months ago in two separate spots. Last week a huge chunk fell off on my trunk door. I called Honda corporate and have a case number now. shrug they said there's nothing they can do because it's out of warranty. Really don't want to pay $1000+ to fix this only for more spots to come up 6 months from now.

Here's the number so you can also complain: Honda America- 800-999-1009

· Registered
1,050 Posts
Interesting. 2014. White paint failure. Old topic. But still resurfaces from time to time. As, usual. Honda Corp. justs says "out of warranty". (n) And, still maintains a "loyal" following, of future buyers. :) Hard for me to comprehend.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a ‘13 Odyssey. The paint on the top started peeling off a few years ago and they sent a letter saying they would pay for it to be fixed if I went in the next couple of months before my van was 7 years from manufacturing date. They paid for it but now my van has chunks missing everywhere else. The trunk area is the worst. I wish they would have just recalled the entire paint job. I hope to get it fixed soon but I don’t want to pay out $1,000+ for something they should have fixed to begin with.

· Registered
1 Posts
I been dealing with Honda Motor company for months now and have gotten nowhere. I heard of Honda paying half for a small repair, but to correct this paint problem they need to strip the primer and repaint the entire van. The dealership autobody quoted me $7,000. Has anyone gotten anywhere with Honda Motor company?

· Registered
1 Posts
I thought I was the only one, they have seen many pearl white the paint is pealing at the same spot, white corrosion under the paint, I am willing to join

· Registered
905 Posts
Forums like these make it very easy for lawyers to build plaintiff's for cases like this.
Get a lawyer and direct them here.

· Registered
191 Posts
A car certainly should not do this but have to wonder at 8 plus years if a lawyer will take the case. I think there are limits to expect if it is not a safety concern how much and how long a car manufacturer will cover after the warranty is up although it is really poor on Honda for not giving some good will discount.

· Registered
2015 Odyssey EX-L
183 Posts
It isn't just Honda. Seems white paint has historically been a problem (for some reason) for various manufacturers. I've seen Chryslers and GMs with peeled white paint over the years too. Maybe they all got their paint from the same place and it was garbage? Dunno.

I wonder how much of a case there is because we're talking 8-10 year old cars. IMO, the paint shouldn't just peel off after 10 years, and other colors don't seem to be doing it, but is anyone going to really want to take that up?

Hm, glad we got a silver '15 and not the white '15 we were considering looking at, now that I think about it. Maybe we'll just stay away from white cars! I don't particularly like white anyway...

· Registered
1 Posts
We have the exact same problem with our 2011 Honda Odyssey. I was always reluctant about buying a white vehicle, I just don't like the color, but this van had very low miles for the year, so we bought it, I did not notice the peeling right away, because it's only on the top, and because my wife drives it almost exclusively, I rarely do. Anyway, it's a great van, comfortable, we love it, but this paint issue is very annoying.

Hood Vehicle Plant Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille

· Registered
1,050 Posts
2001,Odyssey, silver, garaged, No paint peel. 2002 White, Toyota Camry. Outside. No paint peel. Original owner both vehicle's. Live in CA. Mild weather.
I think it just boils down to "Quality Control", and quality of paint used. I figure car manufactures are always trying to "save" , so they are using "cheapo" PAINT. :sick:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts