Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just picked up my new Odyssey yesterday. Dealer told me that their is a flaw in the paint on the front bumper. The dealership will take care of it they told me. Was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the paint on their odyssey.The bumper seems to have dirt that got into the spray gun at the factory. They tried to cover it up but you can see bubbles and clearcoat shine in the light. I hope the body shop the dealer uses is good. Thanks.

Scooderduder
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by scooderduder:
Hi, just picked up my new Odyssey yesterday. Dealer told me that their is a flaw in the paint on the front bumper. The dealership will take care of it they told me. Was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the paint on their odyssey.The bumper seems to have dirt that got into the spray gun at the factory. They tried to cover it up but you can see bubbles and clearcoat shine in the light. I hope the body shop the dealer uses is good. Thanks.

Scooderduder
</font>
Had a similar problem with a 2000 Accord I bought for my dad. The left rear door had some "cloudiness" in the upper half. Thought it was some tire dressing that smeared onto the door. After many attempts to buff it out I realized it was in the clearcoat. Decided it wasn't bad enough to risk the dealer repainting so left it alone.
As for your bumper, the "skin" or painted part is very easily to replace. Since its a new car, I would demand a replacement instead of body work. I can't imagine the labor costs of repairing to be less expensive than replacing it?
My argument would be if I wanted body work, I could have paid less and purchased a used vehicle. If you scream loud enough they should meet your request.
If not make sure to tell them how many people you work with that might be considering purchasing from this dealership and how you will be sure to tell them ALL about your experience!
Good luck I know how frustrating it is deal with these guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
As for your bumper, the "skin" or painted part is very easily to replace. Since its a new car, I would demand a replacement instead of body work. I can't imagine the labor costs of repairing to be less expensive than replacing
-----------------------------------------

Replacement bumpers are unpainted anyway, so there's gonna be a paint job either way.

We just had the rear bumper replaced and obviously, painted on our beige Camry. It was flawless.

------------------
Chuck
'01 MB EX-NAV Pics and Projects
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I was washing my 01 SS EX and a noticed a "hair" in the clearcoat. Luckily it's on the roof and I'm going to leave it alone. Other than that, the paint is great. I got a "protection" package from the dealer. It includes: undercoating (black tar type underbody, and grease type on and in body panels), rubberizing wheel wells, paint protection, and fabric protection. Since it's the bumper I would have them repaint it. But, I would insist they take it off the body and remove all pieces instead of taping. If it's on the body and you can live with it, leave it. Nothing beats factory paint!!

------------------
01 Odyessey EX Silver
97 VW Jetta GT Blue
78 T-Bird Black
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joe V:
I was washing my 01 SS EX and a noticed a "hair" in the clearcoat.
</font>
I can imagine the commercial now:

"Excuse me waitress......there's a hair in my Odyssey...could I get another one?"


- nemogira
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Hi Chuck:

My wife had a small encounter with the garage door last week. She scratched the driver side sliding door and dented the fender right bellow the gas tank (it is not too bad). I live in Canton, MI, Fairways west, off the Beck road. Do you have any suggestion as where to take the van in for the body work and/or paint. I have had a horrible experience with my Miata when in comes to body shops. By the way, we bought our '01 SS EX-NAV from suburban Honda in Novi, MI. Thanks in advance.

Ahmad


------------------
'01 SS EX NAV
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ARH101:
Hi Chuck:

My wife had a small encounter with the garage door last week. She scratched the driver side sliding door and dented the fender right bellow the gas tank (it is not too bad). I live in Canton, MI, Fairways west, off the Beck road. Do you have any suggestion as where to take the van in for the body work and/or paint. I have had a horrible experience with my Miata when in comes to body shops. By the way, we bought our '01 SS EX-NAV from suburban Honda in Novi, MI. Thanks in advance.

Ahmad


</font>
Hi, neighbor. We've had all of our bodywork done at Giles Autobody on Michigan in Inkster for over 15 years and they've always done a great job. Call him at 313-561-5850. E-mail me at [email protected] if you need anything else.


------------------
Chuck
'01 MB EX-NAV Pics and Projects

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 04-23-2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joe V:
I got a "protection" package from the dealer. It includes: undercoating (black tar type underbody, and grease type on and in body panels), rubberizing wheel wells, paint protection, and fabric protection.
</font>
I think I got the "protection package," too, but I think it is just the way it comes from the factory. Think Honda rubberized the wheel wells to reduce noise? My salesman told me not to add any addtional spray rubber coating or it would void the warrranty.



------------------
Susan
'01 SS EX, cargo tray
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top