Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
2000 Odyssey.
As the title says. Fuse 15 under hood fuse panel. Not sure what this fuse is. About 80-100ma current all the time. Pulled the fuse went to about 2-3ma. Reinstalled the fuse current draw came back. We recently changed our routine and began to drive this van less frequently. That's when this became an issue because of not driving for a few weeks instead of almost every day. I think this has been an issue for years thinking back as I have had several dead batteries for no apparent reason. Still doing research so I may figure it out but if anyone has an idea with out too much trouble let me know-thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I don't know how to edit my post-battery is new. I charged the new battery on my battery tender before I installed it. After car sat for 2 weeks battery was dead. A battery has never lasted for more than a few years but I chalked it up to less reliable batterys over the years.
Just figured out how to edit. I guess that fuse feeds several circuits. Not really sure what at this point.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I don't know how to edit my post
Click the 3 dots on the top right side of your post. (Nicely hidden!):p

Don't know about the fuses, but I had an issue with battery drain. Sliding door didn't close properly. Turning the interior light switch Off prevented dead battery in my '99 until I fixed the problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I keep it off all the time unless I need it. I figured out the edit. Things have changed here since I last used the forum. Doors have always been sketchy even from new but they work most of the time. They don't get used very much so I doubt there are worn out rollers.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Do check out the rollers!! On the 3 Ody's I worked on, each had one good roller, one bad one. And the '99 with the door/battery issue- the good roller had a stiff hinge that prevented my door from closing properly. Now when I get in my van at night I can say- I see the light! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A thought-if closing the doors were the issue would leaving the doors open affect the symtoms?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had exact same issue with my 03. It was the gas tank lid sensor cable failure. You could disconnect that cable or replace it. It was lot of work. Search the forums. The part was
CABLE, SLIDE DOOR STOPPER SENSOR (FUEL LID SWITCH) Part# : 74380-S0X-A01
and I got it from dealer. About $30. I recall that there were youtube videos as well.

·
Registered
680 Posts
A thought-if closing the doors were the issue would leaving the doors open affect the symtoms?
Leaving the door open, the lights should switch off after some minutes. My door was physically closed but some switch would randomly activate causing the drain. For my problem, switching off the interior light switch was a workaround for my battery drain issue. Rereading your reply, I see you keep the interior light switched off.
Your problem could be something totally different like ulbhpy posts. My main point is-
I doubt there are worn out rollers.
don't overlook that you could still have issues with one or both center rollers.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Hi,
2000 Odyssey.
As the title says. Fuse 15 under hood fuse panel. Not sure what this fuse is. About 80-100ma current all the time. Pulled the fuse went to about 2-3ma. Reinstalled the fuse current draw came back. We recently changed our routine and began to drive this van less frequently. That's when this became an issue because of not driving for a few weeks instead of almost every day. I think this has been an issue for years thinking back as I have had several dead batteries for no apparent reason. Still doing research so I may figure it out but if anyone has an idea with out too much trouble let me know-thanks!
The 40A fuse #15 in the under the hood box is labelled "Heater Motor".
Page 315 in the owner's manual.
Perhaps there is a problem in the fan switch or the solid state type speed controls it uses, Can't think of what it's called anymore.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK it's fuse 13. Thanks for all the ideas. So how much "dark current" is acceptable? Seems like the 80-100ma I am experiencing is high. I measured after several hours of inactivity.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
OK it's fuse 13. Thanks for all the ideas. So how much "dark current" is acceptable? Seems like the 80-100ma I am experiencing is high. I measured after several hours of inactivity.
I believe most say 50ma is about the max.

Try pulling fuse #13 (7.5A) Clock, Back Up in the passenger side under-dash fuse/relay box (down near the floor by the door) to see it that stops the parasitic drain. That fuse is downstream of the 40A #13 fuse in the under the hood fuse/relay box.
Unfortunately that (passenger side interior) is the same 7.5A fuse that shows the parasitic drain in my '03.
I haven't traced it down because it's circuit goes to a LOT of different places.
Just looked at the diagram and that circuit goes to a LOT of things.

Pass Multiplex Control Unit
Gauge Assembly
Sliding Doors
Drivers Multiplex Control Unit
PCM
Door Multiplex Control Unit

My old post is post #9 here: Battery drains in 2 days. Constant 1amp draw.

If that is the same fuse and you get it figured out, please let me know.
Thanks,
Buffalo4
PS: Here is a link to a search I did in this forum. Somewhere in there I listed what Fuse 13 (7.5A) fed. Just look under the 99-04 ones or Problems and Concerns ones

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I cracked open the service manual (all 2459 pages) and determined the 40A fuse feeds fuses 9,10,11,12,13 pass fuse box and as Buff mentioned pulling fuse 13 reduced the current to almost 0. That fuse feed a LOT of stuff as Buff mentioned. So proceeding will be very tedious.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
So I cracked open the service manual (all 2459 pages) and determined the 40A fuse feeds fuses 9,10,11,12,13 pass fuse box and as Buff mentioned pulling fuse 13 reduced the current to almost 0. That fuse feed a LOT of stuff as Buff mentioned. So proceeding will be very tedious.
Be sure and post back if you find it.
I remember someone saying that it probably had something to do with the sliding door controls or limit switches etc. I don't have a garage and my Ody stays outside.
This summer I will try to do a thorough search for it. I think it is a more common problem than what it sounds like and I'm sure someone found out one of the main causes.
Thanks and good luck. :D
Buffalo4

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks-I may just run a pigtail out so I can plug a battery tender in for now. I will check back to see if there are any more concise troubleshooting methods.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts