Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Park Button Pealing on 2018 Elite

892 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DJVAN 
#1 ·
Anyone else have the P on the Park Shift Button start to peal/chip off? If drives me insane every time I get into the van. My guess is there's no cheap fix outside of trading for a new one. LOL!

#3 ·
I noticed this was starting on my 2018 Elite too. Here is a tip to try avoid this or minimize it that I do. Switch to 2 finger operation of these buttons. I changed my habit of 1 finger operation where you tend to hit the middle of the button to 2 fingers (index and middle) with a small relaxed gap between which will put you naturally on the outer edges of the buttons avoiding the "painted" icon. As the buttons are wide enough, this made sense to me.

#4 ·
@dnipp
I use a Brother personal (Home) style label maker. You can but different size tape heights (be sure of the model) and different type of label colors.
I actualy bought their clear tape and installed it over the letters. You have to cut the tape to fir, and pre-clean the surface of the push button with some cotton balls that have some 50/50 water/Isopropyl Alcohol on it. Do not wipe to much or it will take the paint off your button. Or you can get black background with white foreground for the letters in the tape. If I remember right the tape cartridge is called ezTAPE made by Brother.

Reactions: WiiMaster
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.